how can i get admitted to a hospital for at least 5 nights and 6 days

i want to be admitted to my hospital because i am going to go crazy cause my family is driving me crazy with always asking me to do everything and i have symptoms of pneumonia because i looked it up on Google and i have 7 out of the 8 symptoms and my whole body hurts like crazy i mean i almost want to cry because it hurts so bad and if you also can if you can tell me what kind of test they would do for my symptoms please help because i seriously feel like something is seriously wrong with me and plus my older sister had it to with the same symptoms as me and i spent the night in the hospital with her and i think she gave it to me so please help

Asked by ilovepurple596 at 1:58 PM on Jun. 16, 2013 in Teens (13-17)

• A hospital is a place for people who are very sick, not a vacation hotel away from annoying family. What they'd do? Ask you to clean your room?

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 2:02 PM on Jun. 16, 2013

• For pneumonia, they will do a chest X-ray. When my son had it, it was so bad he was hospitalized for 2 weeks. Get to the ER to get checked out. GL

Answer by mrsmom110 at 2:06 PM on Jun. 16, 2013

• You can get a chest x-ray at the ER. They will not put you in the hospital for a week even if you do have pneumonia. My husband had multiple pulmonary embolisms and was in the ICU and only spent a week in the hospital. If you need a break from your family, check yourself into a hotel.

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:10 PM on Jun. 16, 2013

• Call the hospital to found out what usually happens. You should probably go there anyway to get checked out. If you just want to get away from your family, then look up an extended stay hotel or find a friend to stay with.

Answer by hellokittykat at 2:10 PM on Jun. 16, 2013

• Go to the Dr. The will give you a prescription.
    Hospitals are not so you can get away from it all.

Answer by Dardenella at 2:12 PM on Jun. 16, 2013

• How old are you?

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:13 PM on Jun. 16, 2013

• Depending on your age, they may need parental consent to treat you.

• getting admitted to a hospital to get away from family responsibilities...

• Take care of yourself and be thankful for your family.

Answer by virginiamama71 at 2:32 PM on Jun. 16, 2013

• If you're an adult, put yourself on a 3 day psych hold. Being on a psych ward sounds like an appropriate place for you.

Answer by Ginger0104 at 2:33 PM on Jun. 16, 2013