What is the best thing to do?

I fear I may be pregnant. Last Jan. 3, my girlfriends and I had a nightout. I initially invited an ex-bf, with whom I'm having an affair with (but there's no sex involved). I forced hubby to come with us bec. if he's coming, there's no way I would let my ex to come. But hubby was not interested at all. Sex was the last thing on my mind that night. We had a lot of fun and we had too much to drink. I got drunk and I couldn't even remember most of what happened. In short, I had sex with my ex, which I wouldn't do if wasn't drunk. He attempted to have sex with me twice before but I didn't because I always wanted my hubby to be the only one I make love with. On Jan. 7 (about 87 hours later) I took a morning after pill. But I am still worried. My last period was Dec. 21. If I'm pregnant there's a big chance that the father is my ex, based on my research.I can't tell my husband of this secret. I can't afford to loose him. Pls. help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:52 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• PS-Please own up to your mistake, blaming it on alcohol is not a reason, it is an excuse. I am not saying it does not happen, and yes, alcohol does inhibit your morals but you have to accept that YOU made a mistake and take measures to prevent it from ever happening...

BTW...if you are not pregnant then you have to ask yourself...will it hurt or help my husband to tell him I slept with someone else? If it is only to ease your own guilt and does nothing to help him then I Personally, would probably keep it to myself. If it does not hurt us or endanger his health then I would chalk it up to poor judgment, never let it happen again and deal with the guilt myself. (At least this is what I have read in advice columns)
    alexandersmom03

Answer by alexandersmom03 at 11:09 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Gosh...how to answer...
    Instead of worrying, take a test. If you are not pregnant then all is well that ends well, if you are...then you need to let your husband know.
    I am a firm believer of no secrets. To put it another way...how would you feel if you were him and found out the child your SO is carrying is not yours. Besides that, if it is the Ex's then he has a right to know!
    Maybe you should just get a test and then talk to a professional.
    alexandersmom03

Answer by alexandersmom03 at 11:05 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• WHAT A DUMBASS FOR CHEATING! YOU SHOULD BE HONEST WITH YOUR HUSBAND AND TELL HIM I KNOW YOU WOULDNT LIKE IT IF IT WAS THE OTHER WAY AROUND I SWEAR PEOPLE THESE DAYS ARE STUPID!
    Anonymous

• Best thing to do is to man up and tell your man what happened...either way if youre pregnant or not.... I'm sorry I don't see alcohol as an excuse to cheat ...not one bit.
    MrsPilat

Answer by MrsPilat at 11:17 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I was reading all the answers with a heavy heart. I am not actually blaming alcohol for what happened. I was and still am blaming myself. I shouldn't have drank too much.I don't have plans of sleeping with another man again, I never did. Though, you may not believe me. I feel like I was taken advantage of at that time, bec. the ex knew my stand re: getting physical. But blaming him won't change anything. I may have done something that made him think it's OK. I don't know..That's why I am taking all the blame. I'm sorry I even brought this topic on here. I should've kept this to myself. Now, I am hurting more. I've thought of telling my husband about what happened, but as I've sad I don't want to lose him. I would rather "disappear" than seeing him hurting.
    confused0325

Answer by confused0325 at 12:00 AM on Feb. 19, 2009