Frontier flight to Denver ends with arrest, search for bomb

Published June 15, 2013 at 2:30 PM

DENVER, June 15 (UPI) -- A Frontier Airlines flight from Tennessee was searched for a bomb after landing in Denver and a passenger was arrested, officials say.

Flight 601 from Knoxville to Denver landed in a remote area of Denver International Airport after a "security threat" was detected, KUSA-TV reported Friday.

FBI agents and Denver police entered the plane and arrested a male passenger, The Denver Post reported.

Passengers left the plane by means of "air stairs," said Laura Coale, an airport spokeswoman. They were taken to a fire station for questioning.

A bomb squad with the Denver police searched the plane and luggage, Coale said. No explosives were discovered.

Flights in and out of the airport were not affected, she said.

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2013/06/15/Man-on-Frontier-flight-to-Denver-arrested-after-security-threat/UPI-38591371321032/

From what the local news said, passengers were bussed to a nearby fire station and questioned by FBI agents. The guy who said he had a bomb was suspected to be mentally unstable--duh! So what I'm wondering is, what would someone hope to gain besides a lot of prisn time by making a false claim to have a bomb on a commercial air flight? Lots of witnesses, no chance of escape, FBI on the spot in a nano-second. Mystifying.

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 3:53 PM on Jun. 16, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• Lord only knows what goes on in the minds of the unstable. I'm not sure I want to wrap my head around that kind of thought process. At least no one was hurt, only inconvenienced & the mentally ill person will hopefully get the help he needs.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:35 PM on Jun. 16, 2013

• I don't think people with mental illness do or say things for personal gain.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 4:22 PM on Jun. 16, 2013

• I heard about it on GMA this morning. People are getting stupid now days.

Answer by louise2 at 4:05 PM on Jun. 16, 2013