Talk me out of it? please?

tell me why my 8 1/2 year old doesn't need to see Train perform at the state fair. Tell me it's not an appropriate concert. Tell me to not buy tickets. Please, can u help me? Shame me or whatever?? reason required

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 4:53 PM on Jun. 16, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Just say NO

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:13 PM on Jun. 16, 2013

• Train sucks.. that's a good enough reason.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 5:22 PM on Jun. 16, 2013

• I'm the wrong person to ask this of. We were considering taking our 7 and 10 year old to Jimmy Buffett until we found another couple to go with us.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:23 PM on Jun. 16, 2013

• http://reviews.ticketmaster.com/7171/772402/train-reviews/reviews.htm

Here's some reviews by people who saw them in concert.  I've never heard of them, so I'm no help here.  For what it's worth, I'm taking my 11 y/o to see her all-time fav. band, Big Time Rush this summer.  I know I will need ear plugs for that one! lol :p

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:53 PM on Jun. 16, 2013

• Never heard of Train. So I can't say if it is good for a 81/2 yo. How oes the 81/2 yo know about it?

Answer by louise2 at 6:04 PM on Jun. 16, 2013

• hey soul sister..... if you own a radio or a car or a computer you've heard their music :)
    hibbingmom

Comment by hibbingmom (original poster) at 6:24 PM on Jun. 16, 2013

• ^^^Hey- I do know that song. Unless they have more songs out there that are inappropriate for your child, I say if the kid wants to go & you can afford to take them, then go & create some memories. :)

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:31 PM on Jun. 16, 2013

• I like Train and wouldn't have a problem. Of course, my son has seen REO Speedwagon several times at the fair, starting when he was about 6. (We just saw them again last Tuesday.) It's not so much the music you have to worry about as the crowd and sometimes the singers in between songs, though the REO show was fine.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:45 PM on Jun. 16, 2013

• I am not a fan of taking young kids to concerts in general.
    I am not familiar enough with the lyrics of their music to really give a good judgment on content, BUT if you want to go and you think it is age appropriate, have fun..
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 9:46 PM on Jun. 16, 2013

• If you don't think your child should go then just say No. Tell them they aren't old enough to go. Why is that so hard?
    JanetMonroe1991

Answer by JanetMonroe1991 at 2:16 PM on Jun. 18, 2013