do you believe birth control is like mini abortions?

krazyash023

Asked by krazyash023 at 10:54 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Idk, I'm on Mirena though, and found something out about it that disturbed me. I did some research on it just a while ago and read that Mirena does not prevent you from getting pregnant, it terminates the pregnancy within the first couple of weeks. Scary.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 11:00 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Huh? You mean like mini-donuts?, mini-burgers? mini-bikes? I really don't think it is because an abortion terminates a fetus (When the sperm already fertilized the egg) and birth controls PREVENTS the sperm from even fertilizing, so how can you get a mini-abortion?
    Anonymous

• no but no one has the right to tell someone what to do with there body
    Anonymous

• No! I don't think the Plan B pill is either.
    Anonymous

• idk i read today that someone had said thats what they believe so I wanted to see what others though. I have heard that some bc causes the lining to thin so that it won't attach or if it does it can't stay. or something like that. im just trying to figure out what others moms know i'm "educating" myself LOL
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 10:59 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• who was telling someone what to do with their body??
    krazyash023

• The question is "do you believe birth control is like mini abortions?"

NO...you are preventing a pregnancy, not terminating one. Is a man who masterbates (sp?) killing innocent babies? No he is excreting sperm.
    alexandersmom03

Answer by alexandersmom03 at 11:00 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• me for one i believe in abortions no one tell you what to do with your body
    nakita72

Answer by nakita72 at 11:04 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• really?? i've considered getting that- that might have been on that i researched and didn't like.
    I am against abortions. So this is a big deal for me. I don't want to use a BC that will actually terminate the pregnancy early on.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 11:05 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Nobody is telling anybody what they can or can't do with their body. OP is asking a legit question that can require a lot of thought or little thought.

Okay I'm out of here I can't take this stupidity any longer. I sometimes feel like the more I'm on this message board the stupider I get!

Peace
    Anonymous