Delinquent Property Information?

I have been eyeing a house for awhile, as I looked it up I found it on our County Certified Delinquent Property List. The house is up to about $11,000 (I know that is a steal, but I won't be the one paying for it, my grandparent will be to help me and my kids get re-started).. The house really isn't worth $11,000 (I've always wanted to fix one up anyways), but anyways our treasure is amazing and he is in charge of all of them.. Does anyone know if it is at all possible to cut that price down..? Or does anyone know anything about buying delinquent properties?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:41 PM on Jun. 16, 2013 in Home & Garden

• Call and ask. Usually they'll tell you when the property is going for auction and what the expected minimum bid will be. I would consider that $11K to be the likely minimum.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:48 PM on Jun. 16, 2013

• We do have auctions in my town.. They just let the houses go and then demolish them... I'm not in a very smart town.. They just demolished approximately 6 this year..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:56 PM on Jun. 16, 2013

• I mean we ***don't have auctions..
    Anonymous

• Then just call tomorrow. You lose nothing by asking the assessor's office. They probably hear the question a hundred times a day!

Here in CA, auctions of delinquent properties are held on a regular basis at county courthouses.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:26 PM on Jun. 16, 2013

• Call the county or the realtor on the for-sale sign if there is one at the house.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:28 PM on Jun. 16, 2013