What did you do for your back pain?!

I am 36 weeks and my back has been hurting horribley lately! Is there anything I can do to maybe relieve it a little? I get in the bath and its okay for an hour or two but its right back to hurting afterwards.. I take tylenol around the clock but nothing seems to be really helping.. any suggestions?

kelsey08

Asked by kelsey08 at 8:21 PM on Jun. 16, 2013 in Pregnancy

• It's going to be a long month, but after that you'll be cured. *Smile.* I used a good old-fashioned hot water bottle a lot.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 8:27 PM on Jun. 16, 2013

• You shouldn't be taking Tylenol "around the clock"

Stretching can be beneficial. Speak with your doctor
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 8:32 PM on Jun. 16, 2013

• Gentle stretching-look for lumbar stretches online, and realize that some aren't feasible when you're nine months pregnant.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 8:59 PM on Jun. 16, 2013

• Relax. I know it has bee a long time sense I have been pregnant. But taking pain meds constantly while pregnant is not good.

Answer by louise2 at 9:13 PM on Jun. 16, 2013

• Is the pain all over your back, just part of the back? Does the pain go down one side of your butt and leg a little? If it's sciatic pain, you can have your husband pull on your leg at about a 45 degree angle, and it will bring pretty much instant relief.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:09 PM on Jun. 16, 2013

• I did stretches and those seemed to help. I remember complaining to my then dh that it hurt so bad and I just wanted relief for just a little bit. He got this great idea to put the couch cushions on the bed but left enough room between them for my big belly. I thought he was crazy but was so desperate for relief, that I gave it a shot. He helped me lie down on my stomach on top of the cushions. It was amazing. The cushions held my legs and chest above the bed while the space between the cushions was perfect for my belly so I didn't feel like I was squishing baby.

Another thing that helped me a lot was a body pillow. I've seen they have ones now designed for pregnant women but the idea is to basically have a pillow between your knees to ease the pressure.

It's almost over. You can do this:-)
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 10:15 PM on Jun. 16, 2013

• Thank you all! It's in my upper back and throughout the day it moves to my lower back and into my stomach.. my doctor told me to tags tylenol every 4 to 5 hours because of how bad the pain is. It's not like I'm taking Vicodin Lol.
    kelsey08

Comment by kelsey08 (original poster) at 10:18 PM on Jun. 16, 2013

• Take*
    kelsey08

Comment by kelsey08 (original poster) at 10:20 PM on Jun. 16, 2013

• You can see a chiropractor during pregnancy. He can adjust you and also give you a list of different stretches you can do to prevent the pain.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:17 PM on Jun. 16, 2013