Spin-off of NP's Question about Parents Guilting Their Kids

I was at the hot tub a little while ago, and there was a woman there who was maybe in her early to mid-thirties, from what my boyfriend said. She had two boys with her, one maybe twelve and the other fifteen. The boys were giving her a lot of lip, I admit, but I was horrified when she exploded and yelled at one of them, "Jordan! You were an accident, you know!"

Then he got her back. Coolly as you please, he said, "I know, Mom. It wasn't as if you planned to get knocked up at seventeen, right?"

So beware of throwing stuff like that in your kids' faces, eh? They'll get smart enough to toss it right back at you.

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 9:27 PM on Jun. 16, 2013 in Just for Fun

• I think she asked for that one. That is one thing I would never tell my kid. When I got pregnant with my oldest, it was unexpected. I was hoping I wasn't pregnant right up until I saw the two lines on the test. But I would never tell my son that I didn't want to be pregnant with him. I would never tell him he was an accident, though I suppose some people might think he was. Those are things that, to me, should be kept to myself. He only needs to know that he's loved and that his smart mouth will cost him his favorite game or going outside.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:21 AM on Jun. 17, 2013

• I am not a fan of disrespectful kids, but this is priceless and deserved, IMHO
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 9:31 PM on Jun. 16, 2013

• Damn!
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:05 PM on Jun. 16, 2013

• File:NCI swiss cheese.jpg

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:33 PM on Jun. 16, 2013

• HA! She got what she deserved on that one
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 10:15 PM on Jun. 16, 2013

• Nice! Bet we'll see that family on Jerry Springer or Maury in the near future :/
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 10:36 PM on Jun. 16, 2013

• She shut up after that, and I just about killed myself trying not to laugh.
    Ballad

Comment by Ballad (original poster) at 10:32 PM on Jun. 16, 2013