Aching pain in hips?

I'm 32 weeks pregnant and I've been having an aching sort of pain in my hips for the last hour. They'll dull then get strong but the strength hasn't been gradual. I'm hesitant on calling my midwife only because it's not gradual and it's not in the front or my back so I'm pretty sure it's not contractions. Plus, my uterus doesn't seem to be tightening with the ache. So I don't think it's contractions because of that as well. I've even gone pee to see if it was the pressure of that that's been causing it but it's continued.

So, has anyone else had this happen? If so, how did you ease it or did it just go away on it's own.

hermiones

Asked by hermiones at 11:07 PM on Jun. 16, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Ugh, I had horrible hip pain through the whole second half of my last pregnancy. It was to the point where I couldn't sleep. It hurt to walk or sit. It was awful and felt like I was breaking apart. Basically, it's your hips loosening up in preparation for giving birth, and it's normal. It gets worse with each pregnancy. For me, the second my son was out, the hip pain was gone.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:12 PM on Jun. 16, 2013

• Maybe try lying on your side with a pillow between your knees (body pillow if you have one)
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 11:16 PM on Jun. 16, 2013

• It is most likely the pelvic bones moving farther apart so your baby will have room to pass through the birth canal. Perfectly normal.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:25 AM on Jun. 17, 2013

• Ehhhhh see om so dreading that again!!

I already have bad hips as it is from years of sports.. been at 24.... and when i was pg at 19/20, my hip pain was almost unbearable!!

just your pelvis shifting and moving around. getting ready for labor.

i would take a warm bath, use a heating pad on JUST my hips/thighs, (not stomach) and id TRY to stretch or exercise my legs often my doing leg lifts or some what of squats.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 12:53 PM on Jun. 17, 2013