I got bitten by a lot of mosquitos today down by the river. Is West Nile still an issue?

Should I be worried?

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 2:04 AM on Jun. 17, 2013 in Health

• I wouldn't worry. Believe it or not you may have already been exposed to it & have an immunity. People with compromised immune systems & infants are in the most danger.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:11 AM on Jun. 17, 2013

• West Nile is still a problem where I live in the south. Don't go crazy with worry about you, as long as you're healthy. I worry more about these crazy kids that want to play and run outside so much that they don't speak up when they are being eaten alive by the skeeters.

I mix I unscented lotion with a few drops of lemongrass oil. It works for us and it's deet free.
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 2:10 AM on Jun. 17, 2013

• Worrying would be pointless now, but it would be worth taking precautions next time, if only for your comfort. I haven't heard Wet Nile mentioned lately.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:12 AM on Jun. 17, 2013

• No but it might have herpes. You might wanna get that checked out. LMAO Joke!
    uwmilf

Answer by uwmilf at 2:15 AM on Jun. 17, 2013

• Sorry . I guess it is mosquitoes
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 2:06 AM on Jun. 17, 2013

• It's still around, but hopefully you won't be effected by it. I avoid being bitten just b/c I hate bugs landing on me, so use some repellent next time you're out & about. :)

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:34 AM on Jun. 17, 2013

• Do mosquitoes spread herpes?!

I checked the CDC and there are no cases in my state this year. Actually only a few in 3 States. California Texas and another.
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 10:28 AM on Jun. 17, 2013