7 year old daughter is fixated on sex

Recently, my niece was accused of doing some inappropriate things with another niece and my 7 year old daughter was named as a victim. We had to go through DHS investigation and all kinds of other inconvenient things. Since then my daughter has been fixated on sex. I don't allow her to watch things that are not age appropriate or have conversations of that nature in her presence, however, she says that she learned about it from the above mentioned cousin. Now, she has exposed her 5 year old brother to the topic. Yesterday she was caught naked, on top of her brother, trying to "hump" him as she called it. She seems indifferent to the fact that this behavior is not ok. My son is little and doesn't understand what is happening, after speaking to him about it he still doesn't seem to get it. Although I had caught her before this all started 'touching herself', it's worse now. How do I handle this? Nothing seems to faze her.

txgrlatheart1

Asked by txgrlatheart1 at 11:02 AM on Jun. 17, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• She should be seeing a Child Psychologist regularly.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:04 AM on Jun. 17, 2013

• but am unsure of how I should handle it at home.

That's what therapy will help you with.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 11:15 AM on Jun. 17, 2013

• I hope you are keeping her away from your "Niece" now entirely. Talk to the School Psychologist & maybe they can help you deal with this at home as well. BUT, She HAS to see a therapist ASAP regarding this.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:20 AM on Jun. 17, 2013

• Did DHS suggest any therapy for her?
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 11:04 AM on Jun. 17, 2013

• Counseling, now. Before she gets older and the problem gets worse.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:18 PM on Jun. 17, 2013

• The less exposure the better

What your daughter has already been exposed to is not going to go away cause your niece is not allowed there. Now she is exposing your son to what she was exposed to. Get her into therapy before it gets worse.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 12:19 PM on Jun. 17, 2013

• DHS made no suggestions for my daughter because the investigation was about my niece. The allegations were also classified as "unsubstantiated" which I'm not totally sure I agree with. When my daughter was five I found her exploring her body as a lot of young kids do. I chalked it up to kid curiosity, but this has escalated to a level that I am not comfortable with. I agree that she should see a therapist, but am unsure of how I should handle it at home.
    txgrlatheart1

Comment by txgrlatheart1 (original poster) at 11:14 AM on Jun. 17, 2013

• My niece isn't allowed at our house. My sister is so mad at me for telling her what my kids have been hearing from their cousin that she won't let her anywhere near us, I prefer it that way, honestly. The less exposure the better
    txgrlatheart1

Comment by txgrlatheart1 (original poster) at 12:12 PM on Jun. 17, 2013

• I am fully aware that the exposure has already trickled down to my son. I have an appointment with her pediatrician this afternoon for a referral to a therapist.
    txgrlatheart1

Comment by txgrlatheart1 (original poster) at 12:24 PM on Jun. 17, 2013