Is anyone else on edge from this?

Yes, we have this influx of newbies, and no way of telling if it's a result of CM planting questions to make the section more active, some bored kid constantly making new accts and posting, or some advertising campaign CM is doing to bring in newbies (who ALL have similarly formatted names, profile pages and acct activity - start with one question, never come back again, join Newcomers, never post there, never change their profile page).

But in all that, some of these questions have been focused on child sex. The obvious answer for any legitimate question about a child being a victim of sexual abuse is call a doctor (and law enforcement if they're not already involved). If it's someone fantasizing about it and posting here as part of that, it's unspeakable. If there by some amazing coincidence really are an influx of mothers of abused children with no idea what to do, they need help.

My concern here is if these are fake accts, if someone with a legit issue and no idea how to handle it does show up, they're going to be the baby thrown out with the bathwater. So are we to report every single question now that hints at child abuse for CM to check the IP? Are they even going to bother, or just ignore it like they have before?

The stupid trolls that post about the best way to do anal or can I be pregnant from watching porn are harmless enough (though still inappropriate if they really are kids and adults are posting graphic pics to chase them off). This latest fixation on child rape, though, is something else entirely.

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 11:11 AM on Jun. 17, 2013 in About CafeMom

• It's concerning to me and I sincerely HOPE it is being looked into by cafemom so the appropriate measures can be taken.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:19 AM on Jun. 17, 2013

• I really h ope they are getting looked into too. Children being victimized is nothing to joke about and if it is some troll I hope their sick ass gets hit my a train.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 11:21 AM on Jun. 17, 2013

• by*
    LostSoul88

• I haven't come across a question pointing in that direction.
    But if I did, it would be reported immediately and I hope Admin does the right thing and files a report.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 11:36 AM on Jun. 17, 2013

• Here's this morning's entry:

http://www.cafemom.com/answers/1340977/7_year_old_daughter_is_fixated_on_sex

Could maybe be legit, not written to be obnoxious, but the answer really is common sense.  Meanwhile it's yet another one of those newibe accts that ends in a number, uses the default profile, default icon, stays added to Newcomers, never posts anywhere else, never answers a question, never responds.  Not to mention their first activity on a brand new to them site is to talk about something that serious?

NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 11:39 AM on Jun. 17, 2013

• I missed the child question you are referring to I guess but I have noticed many new accounts, one dopey question then nothing. I do often think it's CM sometimes but who knows? It is odd.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:41 AM on Jun. 17, 2013

• Eh, that looks like a bull shiat question to me.

I think you are correct NP. This is why more and more of us frequent this section less.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:43 AM on Jun. 17, 2013

• Oh yes, I answered that one! I can't understand that if the Child was named as a victim that they were not given info on therapy for the Child??? How do you just go about as life as usual?? I may be out of the loop but that just seems so foreign to me. It's like a nightmare. Just terrible. I'd be a basket case.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:44 AM on Jun. 17, 2013

Answer by PMSMom10

ditto^^^
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 12:01 PM on Jun. 17, 2013

• Those kind of troll posts are the worst and they are seriously sick no matter if they are true or not. I can't believe CM would condone that kind of BS.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 12:10 PM on Jun. 17, 2013