How long do you wait at your pediatrician's office?

ugh, everytime i go its atleast 2.5-3 hours til i leave. the longest part is ALWAYS waiting for the doctor to show up. today we were there from 1030-1245. thank goodness i had my tablet to keep the kids occupied most of the time. it was f-ing ridick!

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 1:02 PM on Jun. 17, 2013 in General Parenting

• sometimes no wait sometimes up to 30 minutes. Depends on how busy the doctor is.
    Sounds like you should be looking or a a new doctor.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 1:03 PM on Jun. 17, 2013

• Most of the time we go right back and if not it will be a 5-10 minute wait. It's like that here with most of the medical visits.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 1:04 PM on Jun. 17, 2013

• i wait 5-10minutes max
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 1:08 PM on Jun. 17, 2013

• I had to search high and low for a good doc who wouldn't keep us waiting that long. Sometimes it's a crap-shoot, I would suggest looking elsewhere, We've always had better luck at smaller practices.
    txgrlatheart1

Answer by txgrlatheart1 at 1:11 PM on Jun. 17, 2013

• Our Pediatrician is about 3 minutes from my house. For a cold, shots or well visit I'll be there & back within 1/2 an hour. Max wait time in the waiting room is 5 minutes. They are GREAT!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:32 PM on Jun. 17, 2013

• Forever it seems. I always get there 15 minutes before my appointment time, I usually still don't get out of the waiting room for at Least 5 minutes past my appointment time, then they weigh and measure, then lead me to a separate waiting area where I sit for another 5-15 minutes, then I get taken into the exam room where I wait another 5-15 minutes, just for the Pediatrician to spend a Whopping 5 minutes with my child.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 1:05 PM on Jun. 17, 2013

• That's ridiculous. I would be looking for a new Dr. If we are seeing the PA, the wait is never longer than 15-20 mins. I have waited about an hour to see the actual Dr. That's my limit, b/c my time is valuable too. Check w/ your insurance carrier to find new Drs in your area. GL- Hope everyone is feeling OK.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 1:06 PM on Jun. 17, 2013

• Usually about half an hour. The last time, we were there 3 hours because they were changing over their computer system and each appointment took forever to input all of the medical information. It was a school night and the kids hadn't eaten and didn't get their homework done. I was so mad that night.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:08 PM on Jun. 17, 2013

• Depends on who he is going to see and if he was worked into the schedule or if it was a standing appointment. The most we usually wait is about 30 min.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 1:26 PM on Jun. 17, 2013

• My daughter's pediatrician is really great about not having long waits. I wish my own doctors were half that good.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:41 PM on Jun. 17, 2013