Has this ever happened to you?

My bathtub drain was a bit backed up & drained really slow after my shower today. I don't have any liquid plummer, so I used my sink plunger to see if I could get some hair up & this black, stinky stuff came up instead. Ugh! It was gross. Needless to say, I'm heading to the dollar store to get the draino stuff.

Do has this happened to you before? What is that stuff anyway & why does it smell so bad?!

Asked by mrsmom110 at 2:00 PM on Jun. 17, 2013 in Home & Garden

• Icky mildewy old hair! My DH pulls wads out of the shower drain occasionally. I conveniently remove my glasses when I shower so I am blind to that ickyness! LOL! Draino should work well.

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:04 PM on Jun. 17, 2013

• It's probably sewage. It hasn't happened to me but it's happened to someone I know.

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 2:02 PM on Jun. 17, 2013

• Our BR is on the 2nd floor. Could it back up all the way up there?

Comment by mrsmom110 (original poster) at 2:04 PM on Jun. 17, 2013

• You'd be surprised where that stuff could back up into! But if it was just chunks and not liquid goop it could very well be moldy hair like Paulie said ^^.

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 2:07 PM on Jun. 17, 2013

• Icky! Bring on the Draino; better living through chemistry!

Answer by Ballad at 2:56 PM on Jun. 17, 2013

• Draino will probably take care of it. It's probably ick that's been sitting around slowly building up and putrefying. Awesome!!!

Answer by tessiedawg at 3:31 PM on Jun. 17, 2013