where can i go to get paid to go back to school? im in albuquerque New Mexico im a single mother and i need help

Christine365

Asked by Christine365 at 2:00 PM on Jun. 17, 2013 in Money & Work

• Jail? They seem to be giving away college degrees these days :/
    Seriously tho, depending on your circumstances, you could qualify for grants. Go to your local university & research financial aid options
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 2:03 PM on Jun. 17, 2013

• As a single mother you don't need to go anywhere to get paid for going back to school. I am a single mother of 3 and went back to school in 2010, there are enough loans, grants, and scholarships available that you shouldn't need tuition reimbursement. Most large companies i.e. Tyson, walmart, JB Hunt offer it only if you're going back for higher level edu. Start by going to www.adhe.gov
    txgrlatheart1

Answer by txgrlatheart1 at 2:04 PM on Jun. 17, 2013

• You're a single mom, you will get grants. Just got to www.fafsa.gov
    uwmilf

Answer by uwmilf at 2:53 PM on Jun. 17, 2013

• There's a book published annually and distributed to public libraries that lists thousands and thousands of little-known grants and scholarships. Start there and good luck.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:53 PM on Jun. 17, 2013

• Google PEO. They are a women's organization that sometimes helps with scholarships for single mothers. But fafsa may take care of it completely.

Answer by missanc at 2:57 PM on Jun. 17, 2013

• I just started my first semester at CNM. Fafsa covered my tution, all my books, and there was a little left over. I just got my financial aid approval for next year, and got an extra $200 a semester from a grant through the school. There are lots of grants and scholarships offered through CNM, and some great programs.

After I get my 2yr I hope to go to work for Tricore. They do 55% tuition reimbursement for part-time employees, and 80% for full-time. You have to work for them for six months to qualify, so my 4.5yr degree will take 5yrs...but I'll do it completely debt free.

Go on public assistance while you get your 2yr. It will allow you to make school a priority, and you'll appreciate it when classes start.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 10:37 PM on Jun. 17, 2013