My realtionship failed! The man of my dreams and the father of my daughter told me he wasnt happy anymore 2 weeks before I had my daughter. We still live together for now until I can go back to work. He knows I'm still in love with him, but he said I've changed alot and not for the good! I dont think I've changed. What can I do to try and make him happy again and make our relationship work again? Please help me!!!

My realtionship failed

Crystal0820

Asked by Crystal0820 at 8:32 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Relationships

• Is he willing to talk and tell you how he feels you've changed? Most women, when pregnant, are different than when they're not. It has a lot to do with hormones. If he loves you then he should be willing to work on your relationship. Not just call it quits. Couples therapy may help if you can afford it or have insurance. But he's going to have to understand that there will be some things about you that will be different. It's part of being a MOM. Having babies changes us. Usually for the better.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 8:41 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I'm not always happy. i struggle with depression. It may not be your fault or your hubby's that he is not happy. May be a chemical imbalance.
    Anonymous

• I would suggest talking to the dr, or couple counseling?? If he is willing to try, that means there are issues. If he doens't want to try, I would say there are other things going on. Good luck.
    TJKUHN76

Answer by TJKUHN76 at 9:13 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• you can not make another happy. only they can make themselves happy.
    Lyndall

Answer by Lyndall at 10:28 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• hey there sweetie!!! i will be the one to tell you me and my daughters dad went threw the same thing the whole nine months i was prego he told me it wasnt his and he wanted a dna test but when he seen her he couldnt help but cry and realize that he was in love! and as well as your husband as soon as he lays eyes on her he will be amazed!!!! theres no way he will turn around and walk out on you or that baby just hang in there honey and make sure no matter what just keep your head up!!! ad the change he might be talking about he might mean the emotional side o the pregoness! trust me its hard on him but dont make the same mistake i did talk to him alot tell him how much he meas to you and make sure to remind him that you love him dearly! ask him to help you work threw it together! well i wish you both the best of luck!
    lonnia1128

Answer by lonnia1128 at 12:59 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• i dont think you can hes emotinally gone..This happened to me when i was pregnant w/ #3..since ive been on cafemom i cant believe how many husbands do this
    lifeisgood176

Answer by lifeisgood176 at 3:30 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• I just want to say that you probably did change during your pregnancy, I know I did, and most women do. My so and i broke up for awhile when I was pregnant bc I "changed" and when he realized it was just hormones and I needed him to be there we got back together. We are together now and its all fine. Talk to him, let him know how it makes you feel, after a few weeks of delivering you should get back to normal. Good luck!!
    Ps. my so said that if iget pregnant again he is moving out for 9 months so we dont go through that again lol.
    Mommy_of_two_85

Answer by Mommy_of_two_85 at 2:24 AM on Nov. 14, 2008