How much effort should I put into it?

So, I was suppose to meet this new guy, we're friends on FB. But we haven't met in person. We texted, we were suppose to meet on Friday, he said that he wanted to meet up because he would be in town. I know he was in town but he never contacted me. My guess is for whatever he decided to not contact me and meet up. I figure I should just move on. I won't unfriend him, but I think I could of asked what happend to getting together, but then I think what's the point. He would of said something if he was interested, and forget about him and move on.

Sillylins

Asked by Sillylins at 3:47 PM on Jun. 17, 2013 in Relationships

• I realize things come up and I could give you a dozen excuses for why he never bothered. But NannyB is absolutely right: you don't want (or need) a man who doesn't want you badly enough to pursue you to the ends of the earth.
    Now the ball is in his court and if he has a REALLY good excuse, he will tell you and then it is up to you whether or not to believe him and/or to pursue this relationship any farther.

Never make someone a priority if all you are to them is an option.
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 7:13 PM on Jun. 17, 2013

• I wouldn't ask him anything. He's playing some kind of mind game with you, and you do not have to participate. I tell younger women that you do not want a man who doesn't want you badly enough to pursue you to the ends of the earth. Those are the ones who make great husbands! Those are the ones who will still be pursuing and romancing you 50 years from now!! So, if I were you, I would completely ignore this one.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:01 PM on Jun. 17, 2013

• Just forget and move on
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 3:48 PM on Jun. 17, 2013

• I wouldn't bother asking. Move on.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:27 PM on Jun. 17, 2013

• I would not ask him. Just continue to build a friendship with him.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 3:49 PM on Jun. 17, 2013

• Forget about it.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 4:20 PM on Jun. 17, 2013

• I wouldn't put any more into it than you already have. I have seen to many Episodes of MTV's Catfish and it has made me jaded I guess
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 8:47 PM on Jun. 17, 2013

• yeah he ended up texting me about 5 days later, and acting like it was no big deal. He then apolgized but didn't give a reason. And, I just concluded within that time that he has to much baggage. We can be friends on FB but that's as far as it goes.
    Sillylins

Comment by Sillylins (original poster) at 12:41 PM on Jun. 21, 2013