Baby spits up only afyer eating from left breast

My 6 day old baby been spitting up only after feeding on left breast. Last night my left bre was tender under my armpit . So I had baby feed on that side while I massaged it . Then she spit up chunky yellow milk same thing twice this am. She only spitsq up when she data from the left side could it be related to the blocked duct? Y is it only time she's spot up. She gets more milk from my right side so I know it's not she's geting more

Cherriemama831

Asked by Cherriemama831 at 3:52 PM on Jun. 17, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sorry for typos on cell phone

Cherriemama831

Comment by Cherriemama831 (original poster) at 3:55 PM on Jun. 17, 2013

• Could it be you're holding her at a different angle on the side?
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 4:07 PM on Jun. 17, 2013

• Or maybe the flow is stronger from that side so she has to swallow faster and she takes in more air?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:24 PM on Jun. 17, 2013

• it could be coincidental.

My dd vomited early like that because she swallowed a lot more amniotic fluid than normal.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 5:49 PM on Jun. 17, 2013

• Not sure maybe next time ill try n hold her up more. Just thought it was weird the only time she spit up was when. She drank from the left side.
    Cherriemama831

Comment by Cherriemama831 (original poster) at 6:07 PM on Jun. 17, 2013

• It could be from something like a forceful letdown and she is compensating to manage that in the way she latches, thus ends up gulping air. Or it could be something intrinsic to the milk...like the balance of foremilk to hindmilk. If it is different between breasts, due to production differences, she could "react" differently to the thinner milk (that is more predominantly foremilk.)

That would be my guess.

Hang in there; I know it's easy to feel rattled at this stage. And congratulations!!
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 6:22 PM on Jun. 17, 2013

• Thanks everyone I was thinking that side is a stronger flow she latches really well
    Cherriemama831

Comment by Cherriemama831 (original poster) at 11:28 PM on Jun. 17, 2013

• It's very normal to have one side flow much more strongly than the other, and for a lot of moms spitup is the initial evidence.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:14 AM on Jun. 18, 2013