Any Las Vegas moms?

Are there any particularly nice, safe, areas that someone moving there should consider? She doesn't really know the area very well. She will visit a couple of times over the next few months and will probably move out there within 10 months or so. Thanks!

silverthreads

Asked by silverthreads at 4:37 PM on Jun. 17, 2013 in Adult Children (18+)

• Yes! I live in Las Vegas. I moved here almost 8 years ago. When I first moved here, I lived in North Las Vegas, and I hated it. There are some really nice parts of the valley and some really crappy parts. I like the far Northwest side the best. It's quiet and away from the craziness of the city. We also have better schools up this way, and our end of the valley doesn't generally flood. I can give you whatever info you want about the different parts, mostly because my husband works all over the valley, so we know the whole area really well. PM me if you want particulars about one neighborhood or another. We also have a Nevada Moms group here on Cafemom that is great, if you want to join. http://www.cafemom.com/group/117666

JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:16 PM on Jun. 17, 2013