2nd Trimester Abortions

It is apparent that some women are Pro-choice and some are Pro-life...

For all of you, do you feel 2nd Trimester abortions should be allowed and why?

The reason I ask is that my states capital is opening a clinic that will allow 2nd trimester abortions.
**I myself am pro-choice although I would never have an abortion myself.** But after the heartbeat can be heard I would think it would be more a question of murder versus elimination.

alexandersmom03

Asked by alexandersmom03 at 11:22 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• ditto to the two above me. i will not judge someone who has had one. i was preg 3 diff times by 3 diff guys before i was 25. i understand being in that place. i never had an abortion, i miscarried one, and had the other two. but i think that it IS in fact an epidemic of women using it as a form of birth control. i think ending a life is ending a life. doesnt matter whether you want to call it a zygote or a baby. JMO in amarillo, tx, there was a boy who passed away last week that was an abortion survivor. he was only 3 ibs when born, and was confined to a wheelchair. he was only 18, and a senior in high school. he was adopted by a great family. the abortion wasnt successful. yet he lived and was a manager of the football team and was very involved in the community despite his problems. so to me, to end a life (in the 2nd tri, or 1st or 3rd) that still has that potential is not o.k.
    ivelostmyself

Answer by ivelostmyself at 12:27 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Who cares what other people choose to do! How does this affect you?
    Anonymous

• I think the second trimester is way too late. I am starting to think that even in the first it is too late...but if it is going to be legal my opinion is that it should be limited to the first trimester. Some states (I'm looking at you New Jersey) allow abortions up to the day of delivery. I have no idea how that could be considered anything but murder even if you are pro choice!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 11:26 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I think it is murder before the second trimester. im prolife. and in a christian standpoint, God creates you before you are even in the womb, so i don't think abortions are right at all. If you can open your legs you should deal with the concequences. i had an unplanned pregnancy i had just give birth to my 4mth old and i took a test and was pregnant again, i wanted to die, but i didn't abort her, i thought about it, but its not her fault. and she is a perfict baby and never cries. and i would have never got a chance to meet this perfict surprise if i killed her
    angels4262

Answer by angels4262 at 11:27 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• the heart beat can be heard at 7 weeks with a vaginal probe. i think its considered murder once the child can live outside of the mothers womb. i had one at 5 weeks and i would never have another though.
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 11:27 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• "Who cares what other people choose to do! How does this affect you?"

It does not affect me in any way...I will do what I choose to do...however...I just wanted to know how others felt, is it a crime to get all sides of a controversy?
    alexandersmom03

Answer by alexandersmom03 at 11:31 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• When is the 2nd Trimester? I had an abortion at 15 weeks-I was in HS and needed to travel a couple hours to get the abortion done. This was back in 96'

I'm not proud of it and would probably take it back if I could, but isn't 15 weeks considered the 2nd Trimester?

I don't think 2nd trimester abortions are a new thing, by any means.
    Anonymous

• It's none of my business why a woman would choose to abort. It's her body, it's her choice. I appreciate that there are safe places where women can go, if they need to. Women have abortions for a myriad of reasons. I will not judge them.
    Anonymous

• As I stated I am Pro-choice...yes if you "do the crime you should pay the time" but there are genuine reasons to want to abort early on...a rape, a 13 yr old mother....and other such situations.

Hell...I think If you are not ready to be a parent and can not genuinly accept the pregnancy then which is worse? To have a child you will hate and possibly abuse or to terminate it?

While I am Pro-choice, I think that once there is a heartbeat there is true life. My problem is that in Madison, WI they are now allowing and making available abortions through 2nd trimesters even though a few miles away doctors are working hard to save the lives of babies born in the second trimester...doesn't make sense to me!
    alexandersmom03

Answer by alexandersmom03 at 11:35 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• who give the right to tell someone what to do with there BODYS that is there choice we can talk about it all night long it wont change anything or how they feel
    Anonymous