How do you handle pregnancy jealousy?

Ya know, like when youre pregnant and your pregnant friend is too and they get all butthurt... LOL

I know like 8 pregnant people right now. 1 in particular is just being a mega-biatch.
It could be that shes hormonal, or it could be that her hormones have put her bluntness into over-drive.

Anyway, telling someone to not tell people for a few weeks or judging their pregnancy blah blah blah...

How do YOU handle that? Someone straight up being rude and not even saying, Congrats!" when they should be your good friend for years?!

Ugh... makes me mad lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:01 PM on Jun. 17, 2013 in Pregnancy

• So she wants you to wait to tell people you are pregnant because she just found out that she is pregnant as well? Is that because she wants all of the attention on her? Fuck her. Tell the people you want to know when you want them to know about your own pregnancy. I wouldn't tell people about her pregnancy since that is her piece of news to share with others.

Then stop hanging out with her. She sounds like a snob, regardless of pregnancy. Who needs friends like that?

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 6:22 PM on Jun. 17, 2013

• How would I handle it? If I were the jealous type, I would change some poopy diapers, stay up all night and only get a few hours to nap during the day. I think I would be cured pretty quick.

For others? IDK. I guess their jealousy is their issue and not something you can do anything about. When I was pregnant I didn't really expect anyone to tell me congrats.  I didn't require special attention or acknowledgement for getting knocked up.  It was something DH and I wanted and it wasn't really anybody elses business. If they were happy for me, then great. If they weren't or if they were judgemental about it, then again - that is their problem.  

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:09 PM on Jun. 17, 2013

• avoid avoid avoid
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 5:23 PM on Jun. 17, 2013

• Doesn't sound like too good of a friend. Being pregnant isn't an excuse to crap all over the people who love her.
    txgrlatheart1

Answer by txgrlatheart1 at 5:04 PM on Jun. 17, 2013

• if they aren't happy for you, they aren't a really good friend. On the other hand is this friend really sad, gone through something difficult. Some people find it hard to be happy for other people, but most of the time they explain that atleast.
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 5:05 PM on Jun. 17, 2013

• Quinnmae, what i mean is, saying really bitchy things to me.. like asking how i am going to afford it or asking if i have insurance .... shes treating me like im a poor person and shes better than me.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:17 PM on Jun. 17, 2013

• How is that jealous? Judgemental, yes. Jealous? I don't think so.

I would simply respond with 'if I'm not spending your money then what does it matter to you how I will afford it?' Or don't hang out with her anymore.

Or here is a thought, ask her what is really her problem? Or ask why she wants to know how you will afford a baby. Maybe if you be honest instead of just defensive then you might actually find out where her attitude is coming from.

And is she saying these things in a bitchy way? Or are you just hearing it that way? Maybe she is worried about you. Having a baby is really expensive. Raising a child is even more expensive than just having them.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:32 PM on Jun. 17, 2013

• The way she says them is bitchy and by jealous i meant her telling me to wait to tell people because she just found out she's pregnant.

I told her we are fine with our money and can take care of our family.

she lives in a snobby part of town in just bought a house and did renovations well her boyfriend did. she has always talked to me as if im a poor person or something. i don't understand it. when i was pregnant with my first shed poke jokes that i was gaining weight and i has a back roll because i was like 8 months along .. she fiat always has a comment.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:41 PM on Jun. 17, 2013

• Someone like that, I'd just tell her to grow up and get over herself. You have to time when you tell people about your pregnancy according to her plans? I don't think so.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:15 PM on Jun. 17, 2013

• Yeah.. okay i felt like i was getting it out of control because im pregnant? Lol. Like maybe im making into something more, but i really don't think so either.

Yes, I decided I'm just going to not hang out with her. I actually havent for a while, this is all through text and phone conversations. HA Could only imagine it in person.

Lol.

Thank you ladies! I don't feel like im losing my mind afterall with the prego hormones. haha ;-)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:16 PM on Jun. 18, 2013