Worried about grandson

my daughter just told me that her ex-boyfriend want to seehis son after having no contact with him for a year. my daughter filed child support on him. he lives in another state and his now married with two other kids. one his ther other is his e is his wifes. my grandson has never met either of them. the wife suffer i believe postpartem depression with the baby she just had. the husbands mom had to spend three months with them as hes in the military.
when my daughter filed for support he wanted to give up his rights. so he wouldn't have to pay. i feel this is his moms doing.
why now after a year of no contact would he suddenly want to see his son. hes suppose to be flying out and picking his son up. to spend 2 weeks with strangers. were suppose to pay for his ticket home. he would be flying home a lone. hes only 6.
this whole thing is making me sick with worry and dread. we don't know the wife and she doen't know my wonderful beautiful grand son.

carolina54

Asked by carolina54 at 5:21 PM on Jun. 17, 2013 in Relationships

• is this court ordered or voluntary?
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:24 PM on Jun. 17, 2013

• the reason I ask is that no waaaaaaay any family court judge would approve or OK an unaccompanied minor 6 year old flying.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:25 PM on Jun. 17, 2013

• my grandson isn't suppose to leave the state. they would have to check with the airline to get someone to accompany him on the way back.
    carolina54

Comment by carolina54 (original poster) at 5:27 PM on Jun. 17, 2013

• I can relate to your worry...I would not allow any 6 year old of mine to travel alone, unless there is a court order out there, which I am sure there is not, no judge would ask a 6 year old to do this...

Answer by older at 5:28 PM on Jun. 17, 2013

• If he isn't suppose to leave the state, why is mom letting him do this?? she will be breaking court orders and can get in hot water for that....

Answer by older at 5:30 PM on Jun. 17, 2013

• I would move heaven and earth to get an emergency injunction to stop this. you don't know there's a proper bedroom set up for him there. do they have a booster seat for him, medical insurance, etc

I'd hope contact could be brought on by a series of visits instead of tossing your grandson to the wolves like that. there must be another way. if you cannot find one, make one.

it's an awful suggestion but was paternity determined via DNA? if not it's a decent stall tactic while waiting for a court hearing

hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:31 PM on Jun. 17, 2013

• Why would your Daughter agree with that?
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 5:31 PM on Jun. 17, 2013

• I would NEVER leave my child with strangers. Why the hell would she agree to that?
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 5:40 PM on Jun. 17, 2013

• Court order says he can not leave the state then he CAN NOT leave the state. Call for an injunction.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:49 PM on Jun. 17, 2013

• This is crazy. Putting a six-year-old on a plane by himself to fly somewhere and meet a man he's never known before? Your daughter should insist that if the dad wants to see his son so badly, he should fly to where you are and be supervised at first.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:52 PM on Jun. 17, 2013