Would you

my 22 year old daughter met a 44 year old man. how would you handle this

carolina54

Asked by carolina54 at 5:23 PM on Jun. 17, 2013 in Adult Children (18+)

• Your 22 year old is an adult and as such has the right to choose her mate without your permission, that being said, the age difference will come back to haunt her eventually but it is her call not yours....

Answer by older at 5:26 PM on Jun. 17, 2013

• Make sure she is using Birth Control. She already has a Child, right? Well then she is an adult. Does he have a job? Does she?
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 5:34 PM on Jun. 17, 2013

• Be polite, try and keep your discomfort to yourself, let her figure it out. You don't want to create a rift between you.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 5:35 PM on Jun. 17, 2013

• There's not much you can do. If she wants to be with him, let her come to the conclusion that it's not going to work, but don't cause problems that will just pull your daughter further away from you. good luck!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 5:37 PM on Jun. 17, 2013

• She's an adult, so there's nothing you can do.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:37 PM on Jun. 17, 2013

• Just smile and let your ADULT child makes her own choices and misatkes
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 5:37 PM on Jun. 17, 2013

• Me, I would tell her how I feel. If I didn't like it I would tell her. But really she is an adult and even if you do not like it. She can do what she wants.

Answer by louise2 at 5:41 PM on Jun. 17, 2013

• Yeah she's an adult but I wouldn't much like it either. The obvious is that she'll be wiping his bum when he's old. Is he rich? Is he divorced? What's the story and how many kids does he have? I'm not a fan of a 44 year old wanting any lasting relationship with a 22 year old. Yep, terrible to say but true. Why can't he find someone closer to his age?
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 5:43 PM on Jun. 17, 2013

• Soooo text book, she has daddy issues fix those and old man boyfriend will go away. Also encourage her to hang out with other 22 year old she will see the diff in no time
    pinkparcel

Answer by pinkparcel at 5:43 PM on Jun. 17, 2013

• What's to be done? She's a grown-up. Living with a man twice her age won't be easy, but if it's not going to work, she needs to find out for herself. The harder you try to convince her to let go, the tighter she'll hold on. That being said, you don't have to be her built-in babysitter while she goes out, either. You're the one who wanted to go on a trip and she protested that she needed you to watch her kids, right? And the one whose adult daughter stayed out all night last weekend and left you worried at home with the kids?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:44 PM on Jun. 17, 2013