is a diaper ok at bed time when first potty training

Two months from 3 years old and just decided to go potty today and I'm unsure as to how to send him to bed since its his first day with no diaper. Went to potty all day by himself but he was naked all day. Can I put a diaper on for bed time or is that bad

Miah W.

Asked by Miah W. at 7:16 PM on Jun. 17, 2013 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• If it's between that and a soaked bed,yes

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:18 PM on Jun. 17, 2013

• I used a diaper at bedtime for a few weeks after my daughter started going to the potty by herself in the daytime. When your son starts having dry diapers consistently in the morning, you'll know he's fine to wear underwear at night.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 7:31 PM on Jun. 17, 2013

• After these diapers are gone, make a big deal out of getting pull-ups for him to wear at nite. Then like Ballad said, once he can stay dry all nite, you're good to go! GL :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:46 PM on Jun. 17, 2013

• I used diaper at bedtime for a couple months even though he was using the potty during the day. Invest in a waterproof mattress pad/sheet now and also start limiting the drinks after 6pm. even after he stopped using pullups at night he would still have an occasional accident, even at 6yrs old he still has the occasional accident
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 8:33 PM on Jun. 17, 2013

• my ds is almost 4, and completely day-time potty trained, he still wears a pull up to bed b/c sometimes, not every night, he has an accident. it's ok, especially if you're just starting out. GL! :)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 8:41 PM on Jun. 17, 2013

• Yes its ok for now. But go ahead and get some pullups for him to start using. Make a big deal of it as a step and let him know that once hes dry at night for a while he can wear undies.
    JanetMonroe1991

Answer by JanetMonroe1991 at 1:55 PM on Jun. 18, 2013