Why does DH.....

My DH is very bothered when I am on this computer. I have 3 websites I frequent- one for my e-mail, one that is a myfamily site, and one is this one. If I am on longer than say, 15 minutes, he "passively" encourages me toward making dinner, sitting with him on the couch to watch t.v., anything other than being on the computer! I work 40 hours a day, no computer where I work, and would like to connect to the outside world via computer, and if I happen to be on longer than 15 minutes, who cares? What should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:29 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• ignore him it works wonders lol
    sauna26

Answer by sauna26 at 11:33 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• ha I get this too, but for me it's mostly homework , I suggest other things for him to do, he usually is just bored. Or i wait until now, after he's asleep.
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 11:33 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Tried waiting till after he's asleep, he doesn't fall asleep until i do, so that won't work. =(
    Anonymous

• Sauna26: Is it wierd that I feel guilty? Or do you think this is what he wants me to feel?
    Anonymous

• INCLUDE HIM IN SOME OF YOUR COMPUTER TIME. MY DH LOVES TO SIT AND READ SOME OF THE QUESTIONS ON THIS WEBSITE, SEEMS HOW WE ONLY SEE EACHOTHER 2 OR 3 DAYS A WEEK.
    TashaMarie349

Answer by TashaMarie349 at 11:36 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• lol sauna26
    Anonymous

• no anon your not weird 4 feeling guilty but you shouldnt feel guilt,yeah i think he has made u feel like its so wrong but its not i mean you deserve to have your free self time and if spending it on the computer is how u spend it dont worry if he likes it or not,u have to have self time or you will go nuts
    sauna26

Answer by sauna26 at 11:51 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• is he guilty of something? seems like he has something to hide that may be on his computer
    Anonymous

• no annon 11:51 u read it wrong lol
    sauna26

Answer by sauna26 at 11:52 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• He's just feeling needy. You have to tell him you need your ME time. And compromise by giving him some time too.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 11:57 PM on Feb. 17, 2009