how do you deal with the anxiety??

I'm going in for my c-section tomorrow morning at 8:30, and ever since L&D called me to let me know, I've been shaking like a wet chihuahua! I'm absolutely terrified. This is c-section number four for me, so it's not a fear of the unknown... it's actually a fear stemming from knowing what's coming. I've been fighting nausea for the last two hours!! HELP!!

prinzesstephi

Asked by prinzesstephi at 11:33 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I dont get it why do u have anxiety if its already your 4th baby, shouldnt u be use to it by now? it must suck openeing the same cut 4 times though!
    Anonymous

• lol, no... you never get used to it!! I've had horrific experiences, and knowing that I'm going to be strapped down to a table with a light shining down on me, cut open while I'm awake, and unable to hold my baby girl as soon as she's born is terrifying! It doesn't matter HOW many times it happens!
    prinzesstephi

Answer by prinzesstephi at 11:42 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Distrations. Focus on the fact that you are about to meet your baby! Just imagine holding him/her in your arms, how happy you will be, finally seeing thier face and counting tiny fingers and toes. Go through your bag, make sure you are prepared. Ready your house a little. Cook a small meal or two to be frozen and heated after you come home and are recovering. Give yourself one last manicure. Draw a smiley face on your belly and imagine the nurses giggling when they get you ready. No wait, draw a sign that says "Done". Or a fork, haha. Good luck!
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 11:45 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• haha, i already did that at 35 weeks!!

prinzesstephi

Answer by prinzesstephi at 11:51 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• thats funny lol, wow you dont have any stretchmarks and for four kids that is a big wow. I only have one child and tons of stretchmarks all over and my tummy never went back to normal and hes already going to be 4 yrs old. isnt the c-section scar lower than that smaile, lol. doesnt it hurt to have your same cut open again and again? my hubby wants a girl now so we can have the pair but it scares me just to thin kthey have to open that same cut again:(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Yeah, they go over the same incision, but I can't really say it hurts anymore than it did the first time.. it's really not the recovery that scares me, or even the pain. I know that no matter HOW you have your baby, it's most likely going to hurt at SOME point. It's the actual procedure itself... and the fact that it's an actual procedure, as opposed to vaginal birth that's so natural.
    prinzesstephi

Answer by prinzesstephi at 12:27 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Try drinking some chamomile tea
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:36 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• i was never stapped down.. he just told me not to move... he even scratched my nose LOL you can ask to be not strapped down on the promise you wont move.. everyone experiences are different.. i know for mine, it was the most heartwarming situation... at the end of it, i finally got to see my son.. keep that hope in your heart... not all women get to have babies.. i tried for ten years to have my first one, and he finally arrived last july... i hope that this csection is a glorious one for you...
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 12:01 PM on Feb. 18, 2009