Is it ok to eat watermelon for lunch every day?

I am totally addicted to eating watermelon for lunch everyday at work. I eat oatmeal in the morning and I have a bowl of watermelon for lunch. I don't eat any desserts or any other sweets during the day and I have a normal dinner.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:11 AM on Jun. 18, 2013 in Diet & Fitness

• Why wouldn't it be? It's a fruit and while there is sugar in fruit it is not enough to be any trouble, remember you are supposed to eat what 3-5 servings of fruit each day.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 2:15 AM on Jun. 18, 2013

• Is that all you're eating? If that's the case, then I'd be worried about not enough calories through the day. But as a dessert along with a healthy lunch, there's no problem with having some every day if you want.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 2:16 AM on Jun. 18, 2013

• I don't see why you couldn't, but a bowl of watermelon and some oatmeal in the morning might not be enough to sustain you through the day. Also, if you eat a greater variety of fruit, you'll get more vitamins and nutrients. But it's sure better than eating chocolate pie for lunch every day.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:19 AM on Jun. 18, 2013

• Watermelon is mostly water, go for it
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 4:23 AM on Jun. 18, 2013

• I do not see why it would be a problem.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 5:25 AM on Jun. 18, 2013

• Yes, it is ok.

Answer by louise2 at 7:12 AM on Jun. 18, 2013

• Sure why not.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:01 AM on Jun. 18, 2013

• No, because if you swallow a seed, you might be pregnant.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:28 PM on Jun. 18, 2013

• Yes it's ok. If I could afford raspberries and they were in season everyday I would! (:
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 12:05 PM on Jun. 21, 2013

• Is that ALL you're eating for lunch? Variety is important, nutritionally-speaking, and you need more protein and healthy fats during your lunch, too.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 9:37 PM on Jun. 21, 2013