hi am a 33yr old lady who has had 4 C sections. my first born died at birth and i really thirst for one more kid. could i be risking? i never had any complication with the previous pregnancies and births.

sakwa

Asked by sakwa at 8:07 AM on Jun. 18, 2013 in Pregnancy

• What does your Doctor say?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:31 AM on Jun. 18, 2013

• Of course you'd be risking. The question is, are you willing to take that risk? You'll probably be monitored a lot more closely than usual
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:32 AM on Jun. 18, 2013

• really a question for a doctor who knows all your medical history

good luck

and if doctor says it is a no go- be happy with the beautiful children who have now
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:02 AM on Jun. 18, 2013

• I would have to say it depends on what your doctor says, what type of incisions you had previously, and your overall health. After my 4th cs, my doctor examined me, said everything was perfect and that had he not been the one to do the surgery, he would doubt one was ever done, and said I was perfectly okay to have another if I wished to do so.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 10:16 AM on Jun. 18, 2013

• I believe the AMA tries to limit the number of C sections a woman has because of the risks.
    Why not adopt?
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:12 AM on Jun. 18, 2013

• Ask your Doctor.
    We are not medical professionals.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:14 PM on Jun. 18, 2013

• I'm sorry for your loss. I'm sure you never get over something like that. But will another baby be worth the risk, and will another one really fill the hole inside of you left by the one you lost? Only you and a qualified doctor can figure that out. Good luck.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:29 PM on Jun. 18, 2013