What should I do?

I'm 39 wks and I had and exam yesterday...I've been at a two for three wks...i passed brown discharge and tissue after my exam and today since about two ive been having on and off contractions ..they are starting to show a pattern like 20 minutes apart..i have cramped and hurt in my back all day with no brown or bloody discharge since last night? now all of a sudden im passing pink fluid mucousy stuff.. Could it be from my exam too.

PinkWarrior

Asked by PinkWarrior at 11:41 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It could be that the exam stimulated dilation, and you've passed your mucus plug. Time your contractions, and if they start to show a pattern, either head to L&D or call and ask the nurse on duty. Good luck!
    prinzesstephi

Answer by prinzesstephi at 11:44 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• it sounds like your mucous plug.I think you need to go to the hospital.It sounds like youre in labor!
    Has your water broke?
    Anonymous

• Sounds like your mucus plug and could be some bloody show. No need to rush to the hospital, even if your water has broken, if your contractions are not regular! I would try and rest and see where it leads. Checking into the hospital can mean too many interventions and a rushed labor, which could lead to pitocin and the eventual cesarean.

Just relax, rest, and if the contractions get more consistent time them. :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 11:47 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• My water hasn't broke....i've had outrageous discharge today but all clear till like thirty minutes to go and of course im curious...its my first time...i dont wanna run to the er ... i wanna try and make sure its a real deal ya know but i just wanted some opinions and things to look for...Thanks to all who've replied
    PinkWarrior

Answer by PinkWarrior at 11:52 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• well thats fine too, but they put you on pitocin to regulate contrations.I had the pitocin and epidural.Its all fine.It dont mean you'll have to have a c-section.Good luck!
    Anonymous

• anon, you don't need to have labor augmented unless there's a problem... any intervention increases the chance of a c/s.

OP, it does sound like things are moving along! A good rule of thumb is once the contrax are 4 min apart, 1 min along, for 1 hour then you should head to labor and delivery. Don't check in unless your a 5 though.. walk around the hospital, or someplace else for a bit. :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 11:59 PM on Feb. 17, 2009