I seriously don't know what to do???

S my two month old had his shots done yesterday and, we also chaged his formula to prosobe. Well every time i fed him yesterday he would only eat two ounces and he usually drinks four. well this evening i tried feeding him cuz he acted hungry and his tummy was growling and he just started chugging for a good ten seconds to where i could hear it going in his stomah then just stopped and started balling. i'm not sure what is wrong his really fussy. help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:43 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Why did you change formulas? Can you change back? Does he have a fever? If he has a fever he may not want to eat as much.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 11:45 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• are you keeping him on tylonal maybe he is hurting from the shots
    Anonymous

• Babies usually don't like you to up and change food on him. A gradual change would be best. And if he chugged he probably has alot of gas now so just keep trying to burp him. If you can gradually mix in the new formula (starting with less), that would probably be received better.

MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 11:46 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• ohhh what is prosobe? is it like nutramigen? is he having digestive problems, poor thing? my son had thrush early on and it caused him to be very fussy and ear irratic amounts like that. it's hard to figure out sometimes because their little systems are so sensitive
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 11:46 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• we switched cuz he always had a tummy ache after he ate.
    He doesn't have a fever.
    Anonymous

• He may not like the formula.Why did you have to change it? He probably doesnt feel good after his shots either.Call the on-call dr. and just keep offering him his bottle as often as he'll take it.My son went thru sum-n like that and I ended up putting him back on his orginal formula and switching his nipples!
    Anonymous

• He has been taking Tylenol.
    nitaO

Answer by nitaO at 11:48 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• i just saw where and why you changed it. you should keep trying and if he doesnt like it in a couple days you should put him back on the other and burp him often.
    Anonymous

• I would not make a change like that within two weeks of vaxing. I would go back to the other formula and try later on.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 12:13 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• He is fussy cause he ate to fast and got a lot of air. He has gas. I dont think that it has anything really to do with the shots. I dont think it has anything to do with the change in formula either. I had to change my sons formula and I did the same thing you did and just changed all at once and he had no problem. I know this sounds crazy . But my son does it all the time. And that is exactly whats wrong if you can't get to burp or toot. I would try gas drops. They work wonders.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:59 AM on Feb. 18, 2009