We have been TTC for 2 years, now we are PG and i am nervous of a miscarriage...

I am nervous for one because we have been wanting this for SO LONG.

An acquaintance of mine messaged me and said, "Congratulations on your pregnancy, sorry i didnt say anything sooner, but i was pregnant too and had a miscarriage it was really hard."...

Is it normal to be nervous of a miscarriage sometimes? Do other people think like that?

I try not to harp on it because im not going to let myself stress and i just dont want those negative thoughts.

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 12:21 PM on Jun. 18, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Try to relax and just enjoy the pregnancy. Unfortunately miscarriages do happen but so do car accidents and lightening strikes. It does no good to worry about any of it. Just focus on being healthy. Congratulations!!!
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 12:27 PM on Jun. 18, 2013

• Congratulations on your pregnancy. Miscarriages happen sometimes, but many times they don't. Especially after you make it to twelve weeks, your risk drops. Try to relax and think the best.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:48 PM on Jun. 18, 2013

• Yes, it's normal. I had two difficult pregnancies and a miscarriage in between, and to be totally honest, I worried right up until they were out and healthy. I can say "don't worry" all I want, but you probably will anyway. As moms, we will worry about them forever, even as they are toddlers and teenagers and going off on their own, so it's totally normal to worry when you can't even see or feel them. It will probably get easier once you start feeling kicks and you have that physical reassurance that the baby is in there moving around.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:48 PM on Jun. 18, 2013

• I was threatening to miscarry with my son, who is now almost 17. I'm sure everything is going alone fine but there's always that fear that something will go wrong. I think women are just programmed to worry. Talk to your doctor about your concerns.
    L.A.F.outloud

Answer by L.A.F.outloud at 12:58 PM on Jun. 18, 2013

• I think women are just programmed to worry.

^^ Isn't that the truth! Sometimes I feel like all I do is worry.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:03 PM on Jun. 18, 2013

• hugs

virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 1:07 PM on Jun. 18, 2013

• Yes I worry about a miscarriage too. I am only 5 week pregnant and so scared and can't wait until I am past the worrying point. I also have a four month old son and did the same thing with him. I worried and worried especially because I had lots of bleeding with him due to placenta previa. Good luck to you and congratulations. We just hve to try not to worry about it because worrying can make it worse by causing you undue stress. :)
    Sheriandrews

Answer by Sheriandrews at 4:00 PM on Jun. 18, 2013

• I was nervous and paranoid for a while at the beginning of my pregnancy. But just try to relax... enjoy the morning sickness and so on! :P

There will be changes and ebbs and flows that will make you more nervous (I was always comforted in how sick I felt!). As soon as you feel him or her kicking the crap out of your insides, you will be fine.

Its normal to be nervous but don't be worried!
    KGelaznikas

Answer by KGelaznikas at 1:51 PM on Jun. 27, 2013