Would you pay this person any mind??

Okay so my sons dads wife and i do not get a long. I just dont like her attitude and the fact that she thinks she runs it all. Yeah i understand that she is my sons stepmom but she has no rights over my son. Okay so my friend came to me and said that she saw something that kind of threw her off. It was a picture of my son and his brother their shirts said little brother and big brother. This girl commented saying "their shirts are cute when you have a girl you can get her a little sister shirt" and then she said "yeah next time but they will both be wearing we werent planned and the girl will say i was" Now i dont care if she thinks her son was not planned but she does not know anything about mine or my bd's relationship when we had one. So for her to say that my son was not planned made me upset. I didnt say anything and i dont plan on saying anything because this girl just talks out of her butt! She went as far as saying that i wasnt over my sons dad and that she felt sorry for me since i was pregnant by another guy. Imagine my SO seeing that one what if he wouldve believed her. Then she said that supposably i didnt like my son because he looked like his dad. Now what kind of shit is that!!! I am fed up with her and the things she writes on FB this is all on FB because when she sees me she never says a thing. She doesnt look at me. Should i just keep ignoring or actually say something? I havent said anything because i am pregnant and i dont think she is worth me getting mad. But i feel like im not defending my son or myself.

mylovelylife

Asked by mylovelylife at 1:15 PM on Jun. 18, 2013 in General Parenting

• Well maybe your son's father is the one that told her your son wasn't planned and that's where she got the idea. As far as the other stuff goes just block her from FB, who the hell cares what she says on there. Let her look pathetic. Ignore her, be the bigger person. But I would tell her to keep your son put of her BS or you will kick her ass.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 1:22 PM on Jun. 18, 2013

• Well, was your son planned? If he wasn't, your ex probably told her that, so that's how she could say that.

As far as the whole situation in general, I would just ignore it. If you hear that she's telling your son things like that he wasn't planned or other hurtful things, then you open your mouth and put a stop to it. But this stuff, her trying to get your goat, just ignore it. It'll piss her off far more that you're not getting angry and engaging with her over it.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 1:22 PM on Jun. 18, 2013

• I was young so no he wasnt planned but it shouldnt concern her, her concern should be her son. Thank you i will just continue to ignore her and open my mouth if my son ever comes to me and tells me something that is not true
    mylovelylife

Comment by mylovelylife (original poster) at 1:35 PM on Jun. 18, 2013

• I would demand that she not put pictures of your child on Facebook.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:39 PM on Jun. 18, 2013

• Since you do not care for her why are you reading her FB stuff. It would seem to me the obvious thing to do is to simply not go there.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:43 PM on Jun. 18, 2013

• I have told them that before and i especially told her to keep my son out of her FB or any other social media but this girl like i said thinks she runs it all. I have spoken to his dad as well and he says he will handle it but it just keeps getting worse.
    mylovelylife

Comment by mylovelylife (original poster) at 1:43 PM on Jun. 18, 2013

• I wasnt on her page one of my friends sent me a screenshot and its not just friends but my sons dads family tells me what she says and does. I have deleted them from my facebook and i have told my friend not to send me anything that has to do with her
    mylovelylife

Comment by mylovelylife (original poster) at 1:45 PM on Jun. 18, 2013

• So if you have already taken the steps you outlined whey are you here bothering us about it? Seems like the problem is solved to me.
    JanetMonroe1991

Answer by JanetMonroe1991 at 2:32 PM on Jun. 18, 2013

• I would suggest keeping screenshots of some of the things she says so you don't look like a whack job when you end up in court again, probably for them wanting custody (so they don't have to pay you child support). I would make my requests to have her remove photos of your son from her FB acct. in writing, possibly through an attorney if you can afford it. Keep documentation of everything.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:39 PM on Jun. 18, 2013

• @janetmonroe well you didnt have to comment if it seems solved to you. I was just looking for any additional advice!

@quinmae i have and they have already tried to lower the CS once but the court wouldnt let him because he is paying the lowest that he can pay. Thank you i will for sure keep records of this
    mylovelylife

Comment by mylovelylife (original poster) at 3:05 PM on Jun. 18, 2013