Braxton Hicks??

I never had BH with my first born so im not sure what they feel like. But for the past week or so my tummy gets hard but its just the top it feels like he is just curling into a ball i dont know how to explain it i just know i get some pains and my tummy just gets hard. Not the bottom just the top like i said. Is this how they feel?

mylovelylife

Asked by mylovelylife at 3:29 PM on Jun. 18, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Yes I think that could be BH. It is your uterus contracting so your uterus is that high in your tummy if you are far enough along. It can also be him stretching his legs out and pushing against your uteran wall.
    Sheriandrews

Answer by Sheriandrews at 3:56 PM on Jun. 18, 2013

• Braxton Hicks contractions should just feel like your uterus is hardening. It shouldn't be painful... just maybe uncomfortable. Often, women don't experience these in their first pregnancy (expect I do), but apparently they are more common with further pregnancies.

You should be fine! You're just practicing for the big day, momma!
    KGelaznikas

Answer by KGelaznikas at 1:48 PM on Jun. 27, 2013