What to do with my wedding dress?

I got married 15 years ago in August. After my wedding I had my dress preserved and it is in a box in my closet. It is a huge box and we live in a small house and I could really use that space. I saved it in case I ever had a daughter, but I have three sons. I highly doubt any of their wives will want to wear it. So what do I do with it? I don't really want to store it anymore.
But I don't know what else to do with it.

Any ideas?

SleepingBeautee

Asked by SleepingBeautee at 4:48 PM on Jun. 18, 2013 in Beauty & Style

• You could see if your parents can store it, you could sell it, you could have it cut into pieces and make a wedding ring quilt with it. Have any nieces? Friends with daughters?

I never got a real dress so I don't have too much advice.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 4:52 PM on Jun. 18, 2013

• There are people who can turn it into other things for you that you can use or you can also donate it to someone who doesn't have the money for it.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 4:52 PM on Jun. 18, 2013

• Sell or donate?
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:53 PM on Jun. 18, 2013

• sell it on ebay
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 4:55 PM on Jun. 18, 2013

• There is a site that will put it up for sale for you.....I was going to do the same with my daughter's dress, but I need to fix it first, she tore the fabric in a few places, and this was a $2,000. dress! actually there are more than one site to do this, google this and you will find a few....

Answer by older at 4:55 PM on Jun. 18, 2013

• Have it made into a christening/baptism gown for the grandkids?

Answer by missanc at 6:08 PM on Jun. 18, 2013

• Wow, I wish I knew. Mine's still taking up space in my little girl's closet, too. I'm not even married anymore, but I can't quite bring myself to just toss the dress in a Goodwill box.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 7:07 PM on Jun. 18, 2013

• have pillows made from it an albumn cover, baptisim gowns, frame a piece of it wedding ring pillows for future DIL's.Use in quilt squares for DS's.
    RobinChristine

Answer by RobinChristine at 8:20 PM on Jun. 18, 2013

• I was going to say save it for Baptism gowns too. Get those vacuum bags that become thin & store it under a bed. They sell them at the Drug Store.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 8:49 PM on Jun. 18, 2013

• take some photos and cut a little bit of the design and get rid of it. And think about it for about 3 months that you want to get rid of it and then do it.
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 12:36 PM on Jun. 21, 2013