You believe every single word in the Bible.......... but...

Have you (honestly) read it in it's entirety?
Many times over?
Just some?
Only the verses you read in church?
Or do you just take your pastor's ( or someone else's) word for what it says?

Be honest because Jesus is watching!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:49 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I have read the bible through several times and done extensive study too. There is some really bizarre stuff in that book, and the more I read the bible, the more convinced I am that Paganism is the right path for me. I simply cannot worship a deity like the Christian God, a blood-thirsty, jealous (by his own admission), vengeful God who is just waiting for me to make a mistake so he can throw me, his suppossed beloved child, into eternal torment. Yep, that's a loving parent allright.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 1:33 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• no i dont
    Anonymous

• Drama filled...but anyways...
    I have read it entirely. Many parts many times over. Never just take anyone's word for it. Always check the facts..which is the Bible if thats what you believe.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 11:51 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• i haven't read it cover to cover, but my husband has 3 times. we are going to start reading it together soon...now that the baby is in a routine in the evenings!! yeah!!
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 11:52 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I just have heard from word-of-mouth, I guess, but I don't believe in all that jazz!
    Anonymous

• No, I have not read my version of the bible entirely...will I ever? Probably not. Do I believe some of what I learned yes...just as I believe what makes up water and where air comes from!
    alexandersmom03

Answer by alexandersmom03 at 11:52 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• To those of you that say you do agree with it 100% but haven't read it all the way through: Don't you feel like a hypocrite?
    Anonymous

• i have read it all...several times. but that doesnt mean i know it all...its a pretty big book to memorize haha. but i dont believe that every word in it is exactly the way God wanted it written. humans cant even get the past few decades perfect historically, so how could i expect every part of the Bible to be perfect?

to err is human...
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:59 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Have you (honestly) read it in it's entirety? Yes
    Many times over? Yes
    Just some? No
    Only the verses you read in church? Never
    Or do you just take your pastor's ( or someone else's) word for what it says? Absolutely NEVER.

I believe the most important part.... that man is flawed and his interpretation is his own.... Juniors interpretation will not write God's word on my heart, only God's interpretation, through study, prayer and meditation will. What better warning could God have given than to not be prone to itching ears, hearing only what pleases the flesh and denying what chastises the action, mind and heart of man. I really think you [general] better be seeking to hear God's voice and listening to man [only] to give you cue to call on the Lord for the correct, absolute, unapologetic, unmistakable truth.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 11:59 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I'm sure they don't. There are basic principles of the Christian faith that a person can determine whether they want to be a Christian or not. Reading all of it or not doesn't make them a hypocrite at all. You could say that someone who doesn't believe it is a hypocrite because they haven't even read it to determine whether they believe or not. But I don't call them hypocrites and have never even thought to.

MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 12:00 AM on Feb. 18, 2009