How much eating is too much?

ill be honest, before i was pregnant i probably should have eaten more often than i did. Now that im pg i know i need to eat more and i do. Im also hungry a LOT and noticed unless im snacking, im nauseas !! :/

today i had, A breakfast sandwich cranberries dried up, crackers, big bowl of tomato soup i had like 10 pringles lol, i had 4 big huge bell peppers fresh cut with a little ranch, i have plain tea soda (i know trying to knock that one) a chimichanga with fresh veggies on it like cilantro onion tomato lime juice... i can't remember what else.. but i feel like im eating TOO much and im not even home for dinner yet!

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 7:19 PM on Jun. 18, 2013 in Pregnancy

• That does not sound like too much before dinner.

A good dinner, and maybe some light snacking later would be fine. You need approximately 300 calories more when pregnant, so depending your weight you should be consuming around 2300 calories per day.

If you're still unsure, talk to your OB or ask to see a nutritionist.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 7:25 PM on Jun. 18, 2013

• See, before i was pg i was only consuming about 1100 or so.

I havent seen my obgyn yet i barely am pregnant and i am trying to find one i like still. Mt old obgyn was an ass and he's not practicing anymore anyway

id like tk stay very healthy and fit this pregnancy by eating more healthy foods than i did last pregnancy.

i gained a LOT of weight last time moat of which was water weight but still. exercising and walking is what id prefer this time around.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Comment by MomNbabyGirl009 (original poster) at 7:30 PM on Jun. 18, 2013

• Eat when you are hungry & LIMIT SALT & SUGAR as much as you can. Drink A LOT of Water & Take a Prenatal vitamin too before bed!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 7:31 PM on Jun. 18, 2013

• When you can't fit through the doorway. JK!!!!

I imagine there will be times when you are nauseous. Babies in the oven take lots and lots of caloric input.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 8:16 PM on Jun. 18, 2013

• It sounds like you're making healthy choices, for the most part. Eating a lot of bell peppers really won't pack on the pounds. Eating a lot of doughnuts and ice cream will. When I was pregnant I found, especially early on, that if I didn't have anything in my tummy, I got debilitating nausea. Then again, if I ate more than a few bites at a time, I got debilitating nausea. So I was always grazing.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:34 PM on Jun. 18, 2013

• The extra calories need to support a pregnancy is equivalent to one peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Baby will take everything it needs from your body stores. So just eat your normal caloric intake and one PB&J. Drink plenty of water as that is the one thing your body cannot make for the baby. Your diet sounds fine. A plain tea soda is not going to harm anything if you keep it in moderation. Lemon works wonders for nausea and you don't even have to eat it. Just smell it or try some lemonade.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:58 AM on Jun. 19, 2013

• You really only need an extra 500 calories a day. Your baby will recieve 1-10% of what you eat. Mostly they take calcium and other nutrients that they need... Eat healthy foods that will benefit you and the baby. Just because we are pregnant doesnt mean we can devour everything in site :)

Try just eating normally and throw in extra snacks that are good for you when you are hungry and feeling the need to eat more!
    KGelaznikas

Answer by KGelaznikas at 1:44 PM on Jun. 27, 2013