My husband is afraid to get a vasectomy!

He's being a baby, right? He's afraid they might mess up or something.

Did your husband get a vasectomy? Did everything go well?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:51 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• DH had one done in Dec. Now he is glad he did it but then it was tough. They did the left side no problem. The right side he had all the pain killer they could give him and it did not deaden the area. So he felt everything. Oh and the pills they gave him for pain afterwards made him sick. So he had to stick with tylenol and motrin. He is fine now. It did take him awhile to heal.
    Anonymous

• LOL! Anonymous. I won't share that with my husband:)

I can't believe he felt some of it. I don't even have a penis and OUCH!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Well ask him how scared he would be if you got prego again! That worked for my hubby LOL!
    jokermom

Answer by jokermom at 12:29 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• No, my DH hasn't gotten one....yet. We both agreed though that when the time comes for him to get one (as we still want more kids), he will be the one to get fixed. I was the one to give birth and go thru all that pain, he can do this. And thankfully, he fully supports that. I'm sure he'll freak out beforehand, but he actually suggested he was the one to be fixed when the time came. So I'm game. lol
    my2luvbugs

Answer by my2luvbugs at 12:29 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• My husband was a bit of a chicken too, so he procrastinated. At the age of 41 (me ) and 42 (him), we found out I was pregnant! Our daughter was 21 and we also had a 14 yr old son. He continued to procrastinate and a few months after baby #3 was born, we found out I was pregnant again!! I was 42 and he was 43. Needless to say, he found new motivation to get the vasectomy, as did several of his friends! We now have 4 kids, 24 (girl), 17 (boy), 3 (boy) & 2 (girl)

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 12:35 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• my dh got one and same as another poster one side went fine but then he felt them cut the other side , he siad he almost came off the table ( i wasnt there our doctor told me to go out for coffee and shopping and to come back lol) BTW Love our doctor she rocks!

Other than that everything else went fine, there are risks involved, our doctor met with us ahead of time to counsel us and covered everything, she was wonderful.

a friend of ours was freaked out about doing it and took months to agree to it. while i was of the mind i birthed them so he can get fixed, i also understand that it is emotionally disturbing for a man to imagine a knife near his family jewels, just be supportive and understanding, it makes it so much easier.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:15 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• if he is afraid, which is understandable, then he shouldnt get it done.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 6:36 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• vasectomies are way more dangerous than a tubal. plus some men experience intense pain during sex after vasectomies, i don't blame him for being scared.my hubby isn'tgetting one because i'm scared for him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I don't know where you got your info, anon 9:51AM... Vasectomies are not more dangerous than a tubal! They are minor procedures done in the Drs office tubal igation is a major surgery done in a hospital under anesthesia. I watched when my husband got his done and it was nothing at all. He was barely sore afterward and they can o back to work soon afterward. My dad, brother and husband all had it done and they all said it was nothing.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Nope my last two were c-section so I got fixed with my last one. But he is not afraid. He is more afraid to have a baby with a woman who plays games and wants babies for child support. So snip snip would be no big deal.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:11 AM on Feb. 18, 2009