Where have all the "grown-ups" gone?

Yes...people consider themselves adults, but that doesn't mean they're grown up. I look at all the stories in the news at how people behave (slamming a hispanic boy for singing the National Anthem, slamming that actress in the hunger games for being black, and recently a TSA slamming a teenager because of what she was wearing) and I wonder when everyone stopped growing up? I even look around this damn site and wonder the same thing. We're all moms, but we really aren't setting a good example for our children if we slam eachother all the time and judge one another for making choices that the rest of us wouldn't make. What kind of future are we leaving behind if we can't even get our heads out of our own asses and grow the hell up? And yeah...I'm posting anonymously. If you want to be immature about it and slam me go ahead.

In case someone asks for a link:  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/17/mark-frauenfelder-daughter-tsa-humiliated-_n_3454322.html?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000010

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:55 PM on Jun. 18, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• I agree to an extent. But, I have to say that you'd get a lot more support with this if you hadn't gone anon & didn't bring CM members into your rant.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 8:58 PM on Jun. 18, 2013

• I just think the context of this site sometimes, engages in a lot of high school, name-calling behavior and I'm appalled that even as adults there's still that type of behavior.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:01 PM on Jun. 18, 2013

• aww,did you get a snarky answer to your "Am I Pregnant" question? :P

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:06 PM on Jun. 18, 2013

• I never ask "Am I pregnant" questions. I actually know how my body works.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:07 PM on Jun. 18, 2013

• I think when people read or hear the news they automatically think they know the whole story and tend to comment before knowing all of the relevant details. People aren't taught critical thinking.

As for it happening here, I think there is probably a lack of critical thinking on some level with some members and there are also an awful lot of trolls that join just to post pointless questions or to stir up drama. In those cases, you get what you ask for. I try not to be rude or abrasive with other members. Also I think there is a good amount of misinterpreting tone. JMO.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:10 PM on Jun. 18, 2013

• True Quinn. I've been using this site for six years and I always misinterpret someone's tone. Which is perhaps why I haven't made any friends on here. :/
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:13 PM on Jun. 18, 2013

• Oh, I doubt you always misinterpret the tone. LOL. There is plenty of snark to be had in pretty much any public forum.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:20 PM on Jun. 18, 2013

• Hey we are all entitled to our own opinion, I listen and comment. Its not always everyones cup of tea but to each their own.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:26 PM on Jun. 18, 2013

• I do find not everyone on this site is mature. I certainly find lots of racism here.
    Anonymous

• Racism? What? Where did that come from?
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:53 PM on Jun. 18, 2013