How do you get a girl?

Is there anything my SO and I can do to increase our chances of getting a girl?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:51 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Nope. Not without the help of a lab to separate his sperm and artificially inseminate you with girl sperm only.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:53 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• my hubby and i read somewhere if you have a dairy high diet more likely a girl. a high citrus diet a boy. but i think it is just all in god's hands.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 11:53 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• stand on your head for 10 minutes after he ejaculates inside of you
    Anonymous

• I guess that I heard that if you have sex before you ovulate you are more likely to get a girl and if it is when you are ovulating you have more of a chance of having a boy because the girl sperm live longer than the boy sperm. If that makes sense. Anyone else heard that? Is that true?
    Anonymous

• dont stand on your head you wont bet pregnant at all :p

have DH wear tighty whiteys, you drink lots of milk and eat lots of yogurt, have sex every day from the end of your period until you ovulate and after you have sex get up and go the the bathroom every time... its not 100% but it does increase your chances
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 11:57 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Why does going to the bathroom right away increase the chances?
    Anonymous

• its called jumping and dumping, low sperm count favors girls so when you get up and go to the bathroom you're dumping out half the sperm and increasing the chances of a girl, check out this cite http://www.in-gender.com/cs/forums/t/3584.aspx
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 12:02 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Thanks that is very interesting!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• why would you want a girl?!? boys are better! thank God I had a boy! and I hate it when people ask me arent you going to try for the girl now, I just feel like slapping them! they say a girl is so easy to have! its harder to conceive a boy! out of your 14 days of ovulation a girl can be made out of those 13 days and the boy out of only one day which would be harder to guess!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Good to know. I already have a boy and I think he is wonderful too! I would just like to have a girl next.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Feb. 18, 2009