How do you uninstall a toolbar?

I signed up for some freebies and it downloaded a toolbar. I don't want the stupid toolbar. Before I had the toolbar, when I opened a new tab, there was the history of my most used websites so I could come here faster. I want it back to the way it was before.

Help!

tempsingl3mom

Asked by tempsingl3mom at 9:19 PM on Jun. 18, 2013 in Technology

• You could probably look in Downloads (that little arrow on the top right) and remove it from there, or use add/remove programs.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 10:11 PM on Jun. 18, 2013

• It depends on what browser you use Chrome was a bitch!... you have to delete it from your computer and then go fix all your browser settings. I had to google step by step instructions when I had that problem.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:21 PM on Jun. 18, 2013

• I'm using Fire Fox. I've heard chrome has issues. I like my fire fox
    tempsingl3mom

Comment by tempsingl3mom (original poster) at 9:24 PM on Jun. 18, 2013

• I like firefox to but Chrome runs much smoother for us. It was just hard to get everything back in order after!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:26 PM on Jun. 18, 2013

• Add/remove programs.
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 9:28 PM on Jun. 18, 2013