Do they even still have sex education is school?

If so, What do they talk about? Anything useful?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:07 PM on Jun. 18, 2013 in General Parenting

• Apparently not.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:08 PM on Jun. 18, 2013

• I mean good Lord. How hard is it really? unprotected Sex=possible pregnancy. Pretty basic stuff here. One sperm, one egg.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:10 PM on Jun. 18, 2013

• Actually here they do... It's taught in Health and we teach it all. But you know what they say.... you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink. We teach it, they don't always listen!! UGH!!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:11 PM on Jun. 18, 2013

• If parents would just be more involved... This is why I handled all my kids sex ed at him. They wre not allowed int eh schools sex ed program. I am certain they heard and understood it all. Every aspect, medical, physical and emotional.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:14 PM on Jun. 18, 2013

• We got our first lessons in 5th grade where they split girls and boys up and taught us all about puberty and our changing bodies. More info every year in school as time went on, but we had it every year. In HS we had sex ed as a part of Health class.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:15 PM on Jun. 18, 2013

• Sex ed starts here in 6th grade with the puberty talk before that is stranger danger and private parts. The problem is in 6th grade many of the girls are 11-12 years old and already considering sex... Some younger than that!

I remember getting my first sex ed lesson in 4 th grade. It was about puberty. By 5th we were already talking about sex and protection.

What happened?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:19 PM on Jun. 18, 2013

• Maybe they need to simplify the explanations a little or something.

Penis + Vagina = Baby Maybe
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:19 PM on Jun. 18, 2013

• But it's all textbook and they use terms that ppl just don't get. What they should do is use terms like "nutting", maybe then the kids would understand.

I so need some sleep as I thought you, Quinn, said that you had sex in HS as part of health class. LOL
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 11:19 PM on Jun. 18, 2013

• I so need some sleep as I thought you, Quinn, said that you had sex in HS as part of health class. LOL Answer by tempsingl3mom

OMG!  So funny.  I think you are right, you DO need some sleep.  

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:22 PM on Jun. 18, 2013

• Lmao
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 11:22 PM on Jun. 18, 2013