what should we do if my 4 year old daughter always crying everytime she enters their classroom?

she wants that her lola should also inside the classroom.. we try to talk to her that she's already a big girl & her lola will not leave her & will be waiting outside.. she will alway's say yes,,but if it's time to go inside the classroom she'll be crying again.. Pls help me..

izubel

Asked by izubel at 11:12 PM on Jun. 18, 2013 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• How long has she done this? Separation anxiety can be pretty strong for some kids. It just takes some time for most of them to get the hang of things. The less time hanging around the better so they aren't getting queues from their loved one. A clean drop is always recommended from what I have heard.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:17 PM on Jun. 18, 2013

• As a pre-school teacher.

Look into the book 'The kissing Hand'
    Then start the expectation that you will give her a kiss and a hug at the car. Then you will drop her in her classroom and say see you this afternoon and walk out. Period. The teachers should assist you with this. If they are not then speak with them before you start and let them know you plan to walk out and ask them to be prepared.

By continuing to have these long discussions inside the building you are perpetuating the problem. she knows if she cries you will sit with her all that much longer to explain what she already knows. That you will be back later and you love her. I garuntee she is fine 5-10 minutes after you walk out the door.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:24 PM on Jun. 18, 2013

• It's almost 1 week already. She's active in their activities inside the classroom but she did not recieve any credit for the reason that her lola is inside the room. Her lola is already shy to others because she's the only that left inside the room.. and her lola think's that she's already the talk of the other moms because of that..
    izubel

Comment by izubel (original poster) at 11:27 PM on Jun. 18, 2013

• Who the hell is lola??
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:27 PM on Jun. 18, 2013

• One week is NOT a long time for an adjustment period and the 'other mom's' know this as I guarantee they were there when their child first started school. It could take up a month for her to 100% acclimated to the classroom, especially if this is her first experience with school. But again it is very important to do a kiss and hug in the CAR and do not engage other than a quick good bye once inside the door. She is 4 not 2, she understands the process she just needs to get used to the transition.

On a side note, I to and a little confused about the Lola thing.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:32 PM on Jun. 18, 2013

• Where i could buy this book?.. So that,,i can read it ang get some technique on how to do it..thank's a lot.
    izubel

Comment by izubel (original poster) at 11:33 PM on Jun. 18, 2013

• What the heck is a lola?
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:38 PM on Jun. 18, 2013

• It is a children's book and you can get or order it at any book store or order it online. HERE it is on youtube.

But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:39 PM on Jun. 18, 2013

• I think so.. she's so attached to her lola, because she's the one who look after her.. I'm a working mom.
    izubel

Comment by izubel (original poster) at 11:40 PM on Jun. 18, 2013

• WHO THE FUCK IS LOLA???????????
    Anonymous