Can drinking 2percent milk help mee with this lactose intolerance?

Or can I just buy the whole milk and deluted alittle with water...idk :(

And what's the difference with these milk's vs. Lactaid???

Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:37 AM on Jun. 19, 2013 in Health

• Those milks only have different fat contents, but they all contain lactose.

You need to drink lactose-free milk like Lactaid if you don't want to suffer from the effects of lactose on your body.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 3:41 AM on Jun. 19, 2013

• A better way to deal with lactose intolerance, which will be present no matter how much fat is in your milk, is to consume a small amount of milk or another dairy product as often as you can, at least every few days. You get into a vicious cycle with lactose intolerance where your body is low on the enzyme that digests lactose, so milk disagrees with you and you avoid it, and your body produces less of the necessary enzyme. If you consume a small amount of milk regularly, your body may produce more of the enzyme in response to it. I've built up from a serious intolerance to being able to eat small servings of yogurt, cheese, or ice cream, and milk in cooked foods. It doesn't work for everyone but it's worth a try. There are also pills that contain the lactose-digesting enzyme.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:53 AM on Jun. 19, 2013

• They sell Lactaid tablets. You just take one before you consume dairy. I deal better with 2% or 1% milk, but it still upsets my stomach if I ingest too much. There are other sources of calcium, so it is possible to just go dairy free. If you really love milk try the lactaid tablets.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:45 AM on Jun. 19, 2013

• All regular cow's milk (and goat's milk) contains lactose. I highly recommend that you try Almond Milk. The chocolate flavor is the best and the vanilla flavor is good for cereals. I wish I found out about almond milk earlier because I was missing out on all kinds of good stuff. Almond milk cleared up my acne (no hormones like cow's milk does), contains extra vitamins like Vitamin E and stronger amounts of Vitamin D and calcium. Some people also like soy milk, but it generally doesn't taste good plain and soy milk is also believed to be just as bad as cow's milk, though it doesn't contain lactose. You could water down the almond milk if you wanted and it should still taste the same though you will also be diluting the vitamin content. When I can't find chocolate almond milk, I'll mix in chocolate syrup with the vanilla almond milk. You'll feel and look better with almond milk, so it's worth it.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 3:53 AM on Jun. 20, 2013

• If you are just looking to get calcium and vitamin D without getting an upset stomach, don't forget that you can get it from yogurt, cheese, and calcium chew candy. Viactiv is one brand of calcium chews. They taste like caramel. Most stores also sell a generic brand for less. It's a great way to get kids their nutritional needs, too.  Some multivitamins also contain calcium. You should be taking a multivitamin every day anyway. They also sell calcium supplement pills, but they usually cause me stomach aches unless I split the pills (also split the multivitamin pills to dissolve better in my stomach).  Almond milk and soy milk can be used the same as regular milk in recipes by the way.

hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 4:01 AM on Jun. 20, 2013

• I also have lactose intolerance and what I tell people that ask for advice is, milk is milk. Just like being pregnant you can be 1 week 3 or 8 months, you're still pregnant. I cut out milk products all together but if you must have your milk fix you can try lactaid milk, almond milk or soy . None of these products taste like the regular thing. It is an acquired taste, they come in different flavors as well. If you're looking for vitamin D you can try other products that contain milk but yogurt and cheese have the highest form of lactose. You can try chew able vitamin d. Either way you'll live even if you have no form of milk in your diet.
    MsViv

Answer by MsViv at 11:45 AM on Jun. 20, 2013

• I would say that 2% milk is the worst for that. I'm not even lactose intolerance and I don't drink 2% I switched years ago to skim. However I've gotten a liking to almond milk and that's really good too!
    good luck!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 12:33 PM on Jun. 21, 2013