Is it okay for kids to run?..

My youngest child's ( 2 yrs old ) father and I fight about everything, but most recently it is because he doesn't want her to run & I don't see a problem with it. I also have an 8 & 6 yr old who I've raised on my own and they have never even had a broken bone. For some reason, he thinks that me letting her run means that I am a bad mother. She is clumsy and she runs on sidewalks and he yells and cusses me for it. So my question, should I not let her run even though all the other kids she is around are running and having fun?

SuperrMommyy

Asked by SuperrMommyy at 9:05 AM on Jun. 19, 2013 in General Parenting

• Your child's father needs to get a grip. Running is good for kids; seeing a man cuss out his wife and call her names is not.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:38 PM on Jun. 19, 2013

• Tell dad that running is part of being a kid, and if he doesn't allow it he is holding her back, but at the same time 2 years old is a bit clumsy and might need a bit of supervision on the running part...I can understand his concern...tell him that running will make her better with her balance, and a few scrapes and bumps won't kill her....

Answer by older at 9:09 AM on Jun. 19, 2013

• It's fine to let them run. She's TWO of course she's clumsy. She just learned to walk in the past year or so. She'll never be coordinated unless she's allowed to try. So long as she's not running into traffic He needs some professional help.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:09 AM on Jun. 19, 2013

• He needs anger management
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 9:10 AM on Jun. 19, 2013

• They should run but be careful on the sidewalks especially with cars driving by or if the sidewalk is damaged.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 9:07 AM on Jun. 19, 2013

• Ask him if he ran when he was a kid. Kids run and they should because it keeps them healthy. If he's just not wanting to chase after her then he is just being lazy.  And for him to tell you that you are a bad mom, that's absurd!!  I wouldn't let him curse at you either... not sure if the kids hear or see him do that.  But they will start to think it's ok to talk to you like that if you put up with it.

goofygalno1

Answer by goofygalno1 at 9:41 AM on Jun. 19, 2013

• My daughter is three and couldn't stop her from running if I tried. Tell him to chill out and running is apart of childhood.
    twade26

Answer by twade26 at 9:52 AM on Jun. 19, 2013

• Kids should be able to run! My niece and nephew are even in a running club.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:56 AM on Jun. 19, 2013

• He just doesn't want her to fall. But he yells & cusses me over everything.. and calls me a bad mother --even though I'm raising my three girls all by myself ( like I always have ). He never wants to point out ANYTHING I do right.. He just wants to yell at me for things he don't like.
    SuperrMommyy

Comment by SuperrMommyy (original poster) at 9:09 AM on Jun. 19, 2013

• Very much so, LostSoul.
    SuperrMommyy

Comment by SuperrMommyy (original poster) at 9:12 AM on Jun. 19, 2013