Texting & Driving..

I just read a post where a child scolded his mother for texting & driving. Do you think that's okay?

SuperrMommyy

Asked by SuperrMommyy at 9:17 AM on Jun. 19, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• Sometimes it's good when a child reminds an adult.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 9:18 AM on Jun. 19, 2013

• Sometimes kids are smarter then adults One time when I picked up some fast food and was headed home I grabbed a fry out and pop it in my mouth and it was freaking hot. I said "holy crap this is hot' My D replies "well of coarse mom they had to cook it, duh." She was 4 at the time. LOL
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 9:27 AM on Jun. 19, 2013

• HAHAHAHA!! Hell yeah it's okay. She should know better. You don't need to be on the phone while you are supposed to be driving. We just had a six year old child ran over while riding his bike on the sidewalk. He died almost instantly. Go ahead and guess what the driver of the vehicle was doing that caused them to swerve up on the sidewalk. TEXTING and he dropped his phone. He leaned over to pick it up and a child died.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:21 AM on Jun. 19, 2013

• My 6yr old scolds me when I do it too, I don't have a problem with it. It's illegal and dangerous and it's a nice reminder that the most important things in my life are in the back seat and I need to put the phone down.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 9:34 AM on Jun. 19, 2013

• Yes, it's ok. The mother should be ashamed of risking her child's life even if she can't be assed to care about her own or those of other people within a mile of her vehicle.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:05 AM on Jun. 19, 2013

• That's fine w/ me. I'm surprised more kids don't. (who knows, maybe they do) Their sense of right & wrong is astounding. Too bad parents don't know enough to use some common sense when driving around w/ such precious cargo! Even if their kids aren't in the car, they could kill someone else's like 2autisticsmom said. I can't believe there are that many narcasitic morons out there that think their lives are that important, that a text or a phone call can't wait!

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 10:28 AM on Jun. 19, 2013

• Kids are always watching our examples. They don't usually go for the, "Do as I say, not as I do" approach. Give for the kid.
    HHx5

Answer by HHx5 at 10:30 AM on Jun. 19, 2013

• Aww! That's terrible! Kids move fast and anything can happen in the blink of an eye!
    SuperrMommyy

Comment by SuperrMommyy (original poster) at 9:22 AM on Jun. 19, 2013

• *ugh, autocorrect. That was supposed to read "good for the kid."
    HHx5

Answer by HHx5 at 1:10 PM on Jun. 19, 2013

• Sometimes moms need to be put in check as much as their little ones do. I'm glad the kid spoke up.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:25 PM on Jun. 19, 2013