Do you have a weird OCD habit?

Mine is that the dish soap bottle must be closed and the front label must be facing directly forward. I seem to have a panic attack if it isn't lol.

SuperrMommyy

Asked by SuperrMommyy at 9:37 AM on Jun. 19, 2013 in Just for Fun

• I like to sit facing the door at any restaurants. (Don't like having my back to the door)

I seem to be the only one in the house whose able to load my dishwasher the RIGHT way! :p

I have to have an extra roll of TP on the shelf behind the potty. If I walk in the RR & don't see 1 sitting there, I will grab a new roll before I go in to use the facilities.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 2:01 PM on Jun. 19, 2013

• I wouldn't call it a real OCD thing, but I have to check inside the oven mitt before I put it on, and by check inside I mean more thorough than an enthusiastic gyno. There was an unfortunate earwig incident a few years ago...
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:56 AM on Jun. 19, 2013

• I used to need to have everything perfect at all times. Labels facing out, everything organized etc. Then I had kids.....no more OCD for me! I have been cured! That & now I am too tired to bother. I have to have clean floors though. That makes me crazy!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:05 AM on Jun. 19, 2013

• removing clean stuff from drier, if a sock, wash cloth, etc falls upon the floor it's dirty again. EXCEPTION: that exact section of floor was mopped within the last 10 minutes
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 9:50 AM on Jun. 19, 2013

• if I had found one in there

I didn't find it in there, he came out as I was putting it on. And husbands are oddly unsympathetic about such things, they can barely stop laughing long enough to step on it. That might have been because of my word choices, though ;)
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:08 AM on Jun. 19, 2013

• When I eat Skittles I have to eat them two at a time, in order of color - green, purple, red, orange, but not the yellow :P

All shirts must be facing the same way when hung up on the hangers.

When adjusting the volume on the tv (etc), it must be by multiples of 5

I'm a straightener, too. Things have to sit straight and neat on the tables, etc. lol
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:52 AM on Jun. 19, 2013

• if i set up my room or counter space (kitchen and bathroom) a certain way in the beginning, I intend to keep it that way. it bothers me if the furniture or my kitchen appliances/ utensils/ bathroom toiletries are even moved an inch from that place. I don't know if that has anything to do with OCD. Maybe just plain weird, lol
    Sun.shine

Answer by Sun.shine at 10:07 AM on Jun. 19, 2013

• "There was an unfortunate earwig incident a few years ago..."

I hate those things, ewwww. I'd check every time, too, if I had found one in there
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:59 AM on Jun. 19, 2013

• oh gosh... now that I sit here and think about things I am more OCD than I thought. haha

I think I am more of it at work than home. It drives me crazy when I come in and things are moved on my desk. I have to take the first few mins to rearrange and I think all of the guys do that on purpose. All of our paperwork on the cabinets have to be straight.

I also hang my clothes all one way and color coordinated. The hangers have to face all the same way too.

Towels have to be folded and put one way.

The toilet paper has to be put on with it going over not under.

goofygalno1

Answer by goofygalno1 at 10:08 AM on Jun. 19, 2013

• oh and i can't stand stores like walmart, marshalls, TJ max etc. everything is so unorganized and out of it's place that i start having anxiety. The dollar tree near our house is more organized! I go there instead.
    Also I went to a friend's place once. She has three kids and toys every little inch of her house !! I'm not kidding!! I had taken my kids for play date. I started having panic attacks. I had to step out of her house (on her patio) 4 times to take deep breaths and calm myself down
    Sun.shine

Answer by Sun.shine at 10:13 AM on Jun. 19, 2013