Did he propose or did the two of you decide together that you wanted to get married?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Christmas 1996, with his ENTIRE family, I mean ENTIRE family. We've known each other since 1991, been dating for 3 years, I was only 19, and in total shock. When he asked me literally my life flashed before my eyes. I saw my past, growing up as a child and the tough life I had with an awful father. Then I saw my present knowing I was so happy being with him and he was a good man. Last the future. . . and I couldn't see myself with out him. I wanted to grow old with him and knew he would always be my best friend. So I said yes! My intuition was right. He is the best husband, most caring father, and he is still my best friend. I love him so much.
    zassymama2

Answer by zassymama2 at 1:22 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• He proposed. It was very romantic. He also picked out the ring in secret himself. He did a great job, I love it :)
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 12:03 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• We decided ahead of time then he surprised me with a proposal onstage at a college conference.

MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 12:04 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• well I we knew we wanted to get married, but he surprised me with a proposal on the beach at night. :) it was lovely.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 12:08 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• My husband proposed to me in Iraq, we were deployed there at the exact same time. I had hurt my back since I was a truck driver and I was told I'd have to be medivaced to Kuwait, and so he told me later that he just knew he had to ask me just incase I couldn't come back to Iraq, and so him and his friend went and picked out a ring and he told me to meet him in his room at 8pm that night, he had candles going and a box of pizza hut pizza (which is romantic since we're in Iraq lol). He told me to close my eyes and open them and he bought me a cross necklace and I was going on and on about how pretty it was and then he said are you ready for the real surprise? I was shocked! I was like "um ok." So he tells me to close my eyes again, he got down on one knee and told me to open them up and then he asked me to marry him! It was soo romantic! I was completely shocked! It was really a great day! We've been married now for 3 yrs in Aug
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• HE PROPOSED!!! I HAD CANDLES ALL OVER MY HOUSE THE BOX WAS ON TOP OF MY BED WHEN I OPENED IT I JUST STARTED CRYING THEN HE GOT ON ONE KNEE!!
    tuty2403

Answer by tuty2403 at 12:10 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• first he informed that i WOULD be his wife someday, then we decided together that we wanted to get married, then while we were talking about rings, and i said i think the couple should go together to pick it out, he proped me on the arm of his lazy-boy and asked me if i would "do him the honor of becoming his bride", then he called my father and asked for his blessing/permission for my hand in marriage
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 12:11 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• WOW ... i got a boring guy LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I got a boring guy too LOL
    PatriciaofMN

Answer by PatriciaofMN at 12:42 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• We just knew right off that we were getting married. Its something we talked about and decided...at the time we wanted to have a romantic story to tell our kids later in life, so he got down on one knee and asked. :) So now I can tell them that he did ask, not that we just decided.
    kbates1208

Answer by kbates1208 at 12:54 AM on Feb. 18, 2009