Son lost his first tooth- what is going rate for tooth fairy?? Any other neat lost tooth traditions???

Just wonder how much money the tooth fairy brings and also if there are any other neat family traditions I can start with his losing his teeth??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on Jun. 19, 2013 in General Parenting

• I give $5 a tooth.
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 9:51 AM on Jun. 19, 2013

• I give five a tooth in a envelope filled with confetti
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 9:54 AM on Jun. 19, 2013

• First tooth I think I gave $3. Second he got a Lightening McQueen car. The Car was a bigger hit! :) I put the tooth in an envelope when he goes to bed & place it under his pillow. Then when he falls asleep I take away the envelope, open it & kiss the envelope with a big lipstick kiss. Then I put the money in a little organza jewelry bag he never saw & put that under his pillow. The car was placed on his night table. I keep his teeth in a little "tooth Fairy" box in my curio cabinet. He has no idea of course!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:58 AM on Jun. 19, 2013

• my sister gives $1 for each tooth. You can give more if you want. She also got a really neat idea from somewhere on the web which might be helpful for me too. My sister is such an OCD and her middle daughter is a slob. Her room is a mess. So when my niece left her tooth under the pillow, she found her tooth still there in the morning along with a letter which was something like this:
    Dear Reese,
    I was at your room last night to collect the tooth and leave your reward as you have taken such a good care of that tooth for me. Unfortunately due to the mess in your room, I couldn't walk in your room, let alone look around. So I had to leave. Please clean up your room and I promise to visit again sometime in this week.

signed
    Tooth fairy

p.s. I'm sure your mother will help you if you ask her nicely.

My sister used a neat Disney cursive fonts with glitter and everything. And believe me, it worked! :)
    Sun.shine

Answer by Sun.shine at 10:01 AM on Jun. 19, 2013

• I took the advice here from cafemom and will be giving my kids $5 for her first tooth and $1 for each tooth afterward. My DD has 4 loose teeth right now.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 10:01 AM on Jun. 19, 2013

• I like your confetti idea funlovin
    LostSoul88

• $5.00 for the 1st tooth, then $1.00 for each tooth after that. ( *unless they are lost the hard way- like getting knocked out.)
    The toothfairy leaving $ for the tooth is the tradition- nothing more added to it.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 10:51 AM on Jun. 19, 2013

• $5 for the first tooth and $1 after that.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 12:27 PM on Jun. 19, 2013

• My oldest son hated brushing his teeth, so when he lost his first tooth the tooth fairy left him a letter. The tooth fairy said that she was very excited to see him grow up and start losing his teeth. But as the tooth fairy she needed to have nice shiny teeth to take back to her palace. She would take this tooth, but he needed to brush his teeth twice a day so his teeth would be perfect. We printed the note and placed it with his money. He was so excited and happy to brush his teeth after that.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:31 PM on Jun. 19, 2013

• mine is almost six
    has not lost a tooth yet
    very excited to lose one

she does not understand concept of money at all, maybe a dollar- but she likes coins more- lol

i love the letters above-lol, her room is clean usually, and she brushes pretty well, always room for improvement though
    will have to use to make her brush more and/or do 'homework' sheets plus more reading? will have to think about what to use

i was thinking of leaving a soft plush toy (stuffed animal)
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 12:54 PM on Jun. 19, 2013