If you have a fave beach.....

what makes it your fave?

there's a massive one less than 5 miles from us but the snail infestation is so GROSS. It smells and they're everywhere, crunching underfoot.

We drove 20 sometimes minutes away and found a clean public beach with slides and a raft. score! a bit far with gas prices but worth the no snails

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 9:55 AM on Jun. 19, 2013 in Just for Fun

• Lajolla beach , Pensacola beach are my favorites.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 9:56 AM on Jun. 19, 2013

• south beach (miami) and key west (florida). like most people, I have a thing for clear blue water and white sand. We don't have that here in washington DC. the beaches in east coast are so bad. Even the rohoboth and dewy beach have dark colored sand. beaches overall are nice though. no drinking or other rampage. all families.
    Sun.shine

Answer by Sun.shine at 10:21 AM on Jun. 19, 2013

• Siesta Key Beach in Sarasota Florida. I have a friend who lives there & it's just gorgeous. It's my favorite b/c I don't get to see it as often as I like, so I guess that makes me appreciate it even more. That & seeing one of my BFF's of course :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 10:45 AM on Jun. 19, 2013

• A close second would have to be Ft. Meyers Beach, Florida. We honeymooned there & it had quite a bit of marine life going on while we were there. Dolphins swam by our room's view of the beach every day, sea turtles & stingray were in the area too.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 10:48 AM on Jun. 19, 2013

• Garden City beach, SC - great beach and enough fun stuff around to keep all my kids entertained

Answer by missanc at 10:53 AM on Jun. 19, 2013

• Jekyll Island in GA. It's gorgeous and when we went there weren't a whole lot of people there. You can go for the day, or you can camp, get a hotel, etc. They have all sorts of things to do, like horseback riding, biking trails, and even a sea turtle "museum," where the cost of admission goes to help rehabilitate injured turtles (and the price wasn't that crazy either, we thought.) We only did the museum and the beach, so even *without* looking at all the extra they have there we loved it.

Here's a pic I took while we were there:

bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:54 AM on Jun. 19, 2013

• (well I thought while we were there that we saw signs for horses or whatever, but I'm not finding it on the site now, lol)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:57 AM on Jun. 19, 2013

• I've never really been fortunate enough to visit a beach.. we love the creek though!
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 11:10 AM on Jun. 19, 2013

• South Beach in Miami, Florida, it is only 20 minutes away from where I live, and the water is super clean and clear, and the atmosphere is very pleasant, being that tourists flock here, sometimes we feel we are in a different country.

Answer by older at 11:29 AM on Jun. 19, 2013

• its a toss up between Daytona Beach and Clearwater Beach. i live less than an hour from Clearwater & the other surrounding gulf beaches and while they are lovely, nothing compared to the beaches on the east coast of Florida. the sand is sparkly over there.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:37 AM on Jun. 19, 2013