Would you be turned off by a Christian church advertising that you have been worshiping Christ the "wrong" way all along?

and that they can show you the "right" way?
There's an online church spamming one of my Facebook pages,and everyone but one other woman and I,are backing this cult up.

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 10:58 AM on Jun. 19, 2013 in Religious Debate

• That by saying anything negative,we're putting down Christians

Lying is a sin. Christians are supposed to make an effort not to sin. The church is not in your city. By advertising and representing themselves as if they are, they are lying, therefore THEY are the ones putting down Christians by acting like Christians who don't care about following their own rules. Point that out, watch them short circuit.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:11 AM on Jun. 19, 2013

• I'd be turned off by anyone telling me my beliefs are wrong. I just wish churches, groups, individuals, etc. would leave other people and their beliefs alone. I understand some groups are supposed to go out and "spread the word" and as long as they're not trying to convert or brainwash but just want to talk then whatever but I don't understand why anyone needs to judge others for what they believe in. Why exactly does it matter what religious choices someone makes if it doesn't affect you and your beliefs??? Why can people just leave people alone!? (Not saying YOU just making a general statement!!!)
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 12:23 PM on Jun. 19, 2013

• Would I be turned off, YES. Do they have the same legal rights to advertise their propaganda as anyone else even if the church does not lie within the town, YES. The page creator is really the one to air your grievances to in this case. They might "allow" it and might delete it depending on the contents of said spam. In any case if it's THAT big of an issue I would just unlike the page.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:11 AM on Jun. 19, 2013

• I would be turned off, but probably not enough to bother arguing or contacting the pastor. A few seconds for a shrug and an eye roll, that's about as much of my energy as I'd figure the church was worth. I understand how frustrating it would be to have it on your town's history page, though, and that might be something I would address with the Web site manager. Usually there's a link for contacting the page creator.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:55 PM on Jun. 19, 2013

• Big turn off. It comes off as very arrogant.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 2:00 PM on Jun. 19, 2013

• I'm turned off by any person or group that tells me I'm wrong for not worshipping their god at all. And there are lot of them out there.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 5:49 PM on Jun. 19, 2013

• backing it up?

of course I would be "turned off" by that- but I'm not really interested in what any church has to offer so...

charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:00 AM on Jun. 19, 2013

• No. I tend to ignore them. I won't let it ruin my faith.
    uwmilf

Answer by uwmilf at 12:43 PM on Jun. 19, 2013

• Oh, such a turn off. But usually those kinds of people relish the chance to argue with anyone :(
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 12:52 PM on Jun. 19, 2013

• They're saying that this "church" has every right to be on the page,even though it's a page dedicated to my home town's history,and this 'church' does not even exist IN the city. That by saying anything negative,we're putting down Christians

Comment by butterflyblue19 (original poster) at 11:05 AM on Jun. 19, 2013